GAP Diagnostic– new products / IIDTool update announcement 12/2013

JimBiram

Adventurer
After my experience this weekend, I think an "rescue instructions " should be set up. I tried some of the tips earlier in this thread to inflate my airbags, but could not get the test to allow it to work. Faults in both rear sensors, dropped vehicle. I ended up driving 23 miles offroad on the stops because I didn't know the proper use of the tool in a rescue situation. I hope this can be put together soon.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zelatore

Explorer
Well crap I knew it could be done but couldn't remember how....
Saturday I had a height sensor go intermittent on me just as I was coming off the trail and about 140 miles from home. Of course the LR3 computers went to full panic mode and dumped me on the stops. (Why LR? Why?) With my Johnson rods, this then put the other sensors out of range as I could see on the in-dash display. I could clear the fault with the IId tool but it would immediately return. So I used the hi-lift to pick the truck up and get the sensors back into range, then cleared the fault, then the compressor would re-engage and put me back to normal height. Well, at least for a few miles until the faulty sensor would again freak the computer out and start dumping air. I though the IId tool would have a way around this but I was looking for a setting in the test/service menu to 'lock' the valves closed. Of course I didn't find that, although as explained a few posts back in this thread I could have done it by entering build mode...I just didn't remember that until I got back and re-read this thread.
In the end I left the tool plugged in and just drove a few miles at a time until the red suspension fault light would come on, then I would immediately dive to the shoulder and quickly clear the fault with the tool before the truck had settled enough to put the other sensors out of range. Made for a looong drive home doing that every few miles but it did get me there.

Jwestpro

Explorer
The way I understand it's function, this is where the LLAMS interface is also a nice addition to the mix. I'd like to find out for sure though.

zelatore

Explorer
Well, I have a Green Oval emergency air kit sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed. That would have taken care of things too, but only if I get off my butt and install the thing.

Jwestpro

Explorer
If my lr3 is having a locking issue, can the IIDtool figure out what is the source?

Symptom is:
normally attempt to lock all doors with key fob button, sounds like doors lock, front 2 doors DO lock, but all three rear doors/hatch do NOT lock. Opening any of the unlocked ones results in alarm turning on.

-AND, the vehicle is about 150 miles from end of warranty mileage coverage but 250 miles from the dealer I usually go to or 175 miles from nearest dealer :/

Jwestpro

Explorer
flatbed tomorrow. AAA "premier" 200 miles. My fav dealer, ~240 miles, roughly $160 out of pocket for the overage or no cost to least fav dealer location. I'll pay the $3.80/ 40 miles and get this last big ticket item under the warranty ;)

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Sorry for the late reply, but your kidding: the dealer is going to hold you to every last mile on the warranty? You can't call, explain the situation and friggin drive there? What a bunch of silly bureaucrats...

BTW, I assume the Green Oval Kit is an "add air" kit? I am not a big fan of those as you are adding 4+ junctions (each with 3 connections), 4 valves, etc and creating numerous potential leak sources in the air lines. On my P38 RR I added one additional junction in the line between the valve block and the reservoir to allow me to add pressure from an external source if needed and did the rest by jumpering the solenoids for the air valves. I never once needed to add pressure from outside, tho.

Silmarillion

Observer
Was this speedo update ever implemented? I didn't see anything in the 3.0 manual when searching "tires" and "speed" and "calibrate".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier