Gaia on your Car Stereo, yes it is possible.

Photobug

I had asked about this and was told it is not possible but have found through another thread GAIA works on Iphones 'Car Play' to any supporting car receiver. This feature has been around for a year. Android users have been requesting this for a year as well but until recently Google was not allowing 3rd party apps to work with Android Auto. But that was ended by a lawsuit and so we can hope to see Android Auto to be allowing GAIA to visit a car stereo near you.

Here is the support request from GAIA's website.

Photobug

Oh I hope they are willing to support Android Auto. Lot of head units out that will create a larger user base.

If you read my link you will learn quite a bit about the whole subject, it mirrors what I see here on the forum. IOS 'was' a superior product. GAIA has been concentrating in the last year to bring Android up to par. Google did not allow 3rd party nav until recently but it is likely GAIA working on getting their software to work with Android Auto. I was thinking how cool it would be to have two maps going at once. One zoomed in by turn by turn and one zoomed out or one with topos and one with satelite displayed. WIth all that info, I won't even need to look out the windshield. ;)

NMBruce

Adventurer
I have used it a couple of times, but I put my phone on airplane mode and hooked up the GPS via Bad Elf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online