G55 Build

uzj100

Adventurer
Great looking rig. Only rig I would own over a 100. Any thoughts on relocating the side exit exhaust?

Jwestpro

Explorer
Great looking rig. Only rig I would own over a 100. Any thoughts on relocating the side exit exhaust?

I don't think actual relocation is needed. Simply cut off flush underneath just like the non-AMG versions and next generation 550 models.

ILIAN

Adventurer
Here. Mine is not a G55 but the idea is the same. You won't see the exhaust outlet any more
bd6cbfd07fa16594b3d1569836f173d7.jpg

asutherl

Observer

I started with an FJ80, then built a 100 and now the G.

I've thought about removing the running boards, but they're very handy when climbing in!

uzj100

Adventurer
had 5 80's and 3 100's. May go with military G as second ride. 290 convertible. Always liked the G.

WarnerD9

Builder
For what it's worth, I used a G55 tranny cooler mount to relocate my cooler to fit the bumper that CBI Offroad Fab made me. This was a custom build that I'm sure they could adapt for you and tweak it to your liking. They have done several projects for me and I have been very happy with them and especially this project.

d6a6c37ddd36e00de63da3422061d4d9.jpg

a1bb37fe257896d6e9c72bb170bf1fe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILIAN

Adventurer
Bumper looks great, you just have to keep in mind your tranny doesn't have that much cooling capacity now so don't do any heavy towing and use low range on inclines as much as you can. The G55 has 2 transmission coolers IIRC that's why the engineers thought it was ok to mount one behind the skid plate, the other one still gets full airflow.

otiswesty

Regular guy
For what it's worth, I used a G55 tranny cooler mount to relocate my cooler to fit the bumper that CBI Offroad Fab made me. This was a custom build that I'm sure they could adapt for you and tweak it to your liking. They have done several projects for me and I have been very happy with them and especially this project.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bumper looks great and a nice tent too.
It is awesome to see so many of the G500's being properly used and outfitted now. It sure took a while.
Also nice to know that there are lots of rich soccer mom rigs waiting in the wings.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Custom CBI bumper looks great. Too bad they didn't make a 2nd to pattern off of, and now anyone who wants one has to send their rig to Idaho.
At least one ExPo member here from Cali really wanted the same bumper but has to go a different route due to logistics. :(

thebigblue

Adventurer
That bumper looks sleek,very nicely done with lines to flow with the vehicle. I reduces the approach angel though - but having a winch won't come for free.

Congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles