G55 AMG off road tires, & CB placement

zimm

Expedition Leader
Zimm, the PointedThree Forum has a big problem. It will not allow new members to login or old ones to get a new password issued. The administrator ( I think his name may be Dutch) has posted a message seeking help from PointedThree members to let him know if they know of anyone having this problem. I am and can't log on because it does not accept my password.

Many thanks for your above posts as well as helping to resolve this issue.

Arthur Lawrence (lawscreen@aol.com)

Sorry, just saw this. If dutch has been informed im sure he's on it. He's punctual!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I am now able to get into the PointedThree forum. Also thanks for the gwagonpreserve web site. You are absolutely correct regarding the 17 inch wheels vs the 18. I'm still waiting for the AMG tecks to respond several questions regarding wheel sizing, off-road tires, trailer hitch, etc for the 2011 G55.

On my LR Defender and later Range Rover, I used 16 inch wheels and Micky Thompson Baja Claw tires. They were wonderful especially when the Houston LR Club visited Moab. What a trip! Thanks for your help, Arthur

You're very welcome Arthur.

On the GWP bumpers, you'll have to email Mike for info. I haven't seen the bumpers on his site.

AMG "tecks" on here to respond?
Offroad tires seem to be preference. I've seen many BFG AllTerrain and MudTerrain's.

Have you asked your local Mercedes dealer about a factory hitch for your '55?

otiswesty

Regular guy
Hombre,

is that you down there, with the nice 18" wheels?
:victory:

I had less luck later in the week in soft soft loamy stuff. I guess I should have aired down first.:ylsmoke:

Got the shovel out after a couple of Pacificos and a swim in the nice water.:sombrero:

Attachments

• LaVentana.jpg
    LaVentana.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 67

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
I had less luck later in the week in soft soft loamy stuff. I guess I should have aired down first.:ylsmoke:

Got the shovel out after a couple of Pacificos and a swim in the nice water.:sombrero:

Can't leave you alone....for a couple days.

Where did that happen? getting stuck.....

When are you going back down there to play in the sand again? I do have a few spare parts now laying here and wanna go back soon.....

otiswesty

Regular guy
La Ventana

Luckily, I had my deflators preset at 14 PSI and the larger rolling diameter of the 18" rims made driving out of that situation a breeze. Back up the beach I ran into a colleague of mine from Portland who was down on a kiting trip and we had a couple of Pacificos (more) as the tires got filled behind the surf shop with their air setup. Just barely made it to the airport in time.:costumed-smiley-007

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
La Ventana

Luckily, I had my deflators preset at 14 PSI and the larger rolling diameter of the 18" rims made driving out of that situation a breeze. Back up the beach I ran into a colleague of mine from Portland who was down on a kiting trip and we had a couple of Pacificos (more) as the tires got filled behind the surf shop with their air setup. Just barely made it to the airport in time.:costumed-smiley-007

Aeropuerto? Did you load the G onto an Airbus, or drive it back home?

otiswesty

Regular guy
There was no time to drive the G5C Pur all the way home to the Pacific Northwest. I ended up leaving it in San Jose del Cabo in storage for a soon to be next adventure.:snorkel:

Makes a good excuse anyway...

I guess this counts as a real thread jacking, apologies to the OP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier