G-wagen-Video vehicle impression

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
I thought this was interesting video from South Africa.

Interesting video....thanks for sharing it.
I'm puzzled though. :confused:
If it's from South Africa, I presume it was shot by someone else. So why are the "Overland Journey" and "4XFORUM.COM" logos added at the top?

Cheers!
safari.gif

Maddmatt

Explorer
Fun Video. My '77 Scout had holes in the floor that drained water too. Didn't have that nice plug though, and they were in sort of a random pattern/size. Come to think of it, so did my '76 FJ40 :)
-Matt

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
After getting home today I was checking out the video more closely.
The original is from a guy named Andrew St. Pierre White from South Africa. He has a website called 4XFORUM.COM, which explains the logo in the video. That's his.
The "Overland Journey" logo appears to be Ron's. His name and images appear all over the Overland Journey site.
So...I guess I'm still puzzled at the "new" Overland Journey logo pasted over the 4XFORUM logo.
Maybe I'm missing something, but that just doesn't seem right to me...

safari.gif

Colorado Ron

Explorer
After getting home today I was checking out the video more closely.
The original is from a guy named Andrew St. Pierre White from South Africa. He has a website called 4XFORUM.COM, which explains the logo in the video. That's his.
The "Overland Journey" logo appears to be Ron's. His name and images appear all over the Overland Journey site.
So...I guess I'm still puzzled at the "new" Overland Journey logo pasted over the 4XFORUM logo.
Maybe I'm missing something, but that just doesn't seem right to me...

safari.gif

Just like Youtube, my logo is actually embedded in the player. So any video loaded will show the logo. Most players have that option.

zimm

Expedition Leader
thanks for linking the vid, ron...

i never saw one of those w/o a "wife of a doctor, part time real estate agent" behind the wheel. they are getting to the price point used where, i'll consider replacing the lexus with one, if... theres a cost effective way to make the suspension off road worthy again.

there doesnt seem to be as much wheel travel as on my 110, and not as tall in the storage area.

dclee

Observer
there doesnt seem to be as much wheel travel as on my 110, and not as tall in the storage area.

The wheel travel can be unleashed. One of the main problems was the stiff anti-roll bar on the front (and maybe the rear as well on the later trucks). The Defenders never had those AFAIK, which helps articulation. Also, I think a lot can be done with different coil/damper combos on the G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online