G-wagen RV in Yukon

Yellow G55

I dont really like yellow (especially canary yellow), but we had this sweet ride come into the dealer last week.
Sticker is $127k and the 55's dont ride too well, but most of the ones we sell will never see the dirt anyway...

Attachments

• Yellog55.jpg
    Yellog55.jpg
    908.7 KB · Views: 121

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Wow, that's bright! Wait, was this a Baywatch purchase? ;)

Last edited:

Desertstar

I dont really like yellow (especially canary yellow), but we had this sweet ride come into the dealer last week.
Sticker is $127k and the 55's dont ride too well, but most of the ones we sell will never see the dirt anyway...

Curious...what part of the country this was at. Seems you are in sales, what does it take to order a G550 in a color like that or just a "regular" non metallic red like you see on the SLs and C class ?

suntinez

Explorer
Reading a ride report from June 2010 on ADV Rider and they encountered this on their way to Alaska:
K1024_P6199748.jpg

I'd love to see more details on this rig, looks pretty nice. Yellow notwithstanding.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
I couldn't find it on their website, but it looks like it could have been these folks ? http://www.custom-campers.de/cms/index.php

http://hdj80-under-construction.blogspot.com/

However, that being said, it could have been built by this gentleman : http://www.off-road-schmiede.com/

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35585
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20822

Regardless, it is a nice set up and such a subtle color :Wow1:

I'd love to see more details on this rig, looks pretty nice. Yellow notwithstanding.

zimm

Expedition Leader

that desperately need a different color on the flairs/bumpers.... like black. it looks like "pimp my ride" did that up.

That G55 WAS for sale in Scottsdale AZ. It sold in under a week. I am in the service side of the dealership, so I dont know about ordering them, but I do like working on them. If you are interested, the dealer website is www.drivethebest.com .
A shame that almost none of the ones I see have any signs of ever having been off road. Occasionally one will come in with a blown up front axle. We think its the owner locking the diffs on the pavement, but they never fess up.

koly

Observer
That G55 WAS for sale in Scottsdale AZ. It sold in under a week. I am in the service side of the dealership, so I dont know about ordering them, but I do like working on them. If you are interested, the dealer website is www.drivethebest.com .
A shame that almost none of the ones I see have any signs of ever having been off road. Occasionally one will come in with a blown up front axle. We think its the owner locking the diffs on the pavement, but they never fess up.

Did you happen to see the matte black one they had in the showroom at the same time? Parked right next to the SLS... If you know it, could you tell me what the MB color name was for that? I'm pretty sure it was a designo /AMG only color, but it was beautiful. I'd stopped by to snap a pic of my filthy black G500 right next to the yellow one and a salesman was on me in an instant to come see the matte finish one inside. Not a chance in the world I could afford it, but it was gorgeous.

Also, you might be a good person to know if you work on the service side ;-) but I've heard that dealership isn't too friendly to pre-MBUSA models... Anyway, if you ever want to come with on a trail, let me know - I've got a bunch I'll be running over the next several weekends.

I would love to get out on the trails, but time is in short supply right now. Thanks for the offer.
The matte finishes (black, white and silver are all i have seen) are indeed designo colors. I dont really get it, myself. They look cool at first, but living with it would be a nightmare. It is suggested it only ever get hand washed, very carefully, so that "shiney" spots dont develop.
You sound like you would actually get yours dirty, for which I appluad you.:victory:
As far as the earlier g-wagens (pre MB official importation), most dealer techs dont like them at all. It is difficult to get information on just what was done to them during "federalization". I saw one once with 3 purge valves connected in series and parallel with no clear function chain at all. It is very tough to isolate whats causing check engine light, or malfunction, when you dont know how it is "supposed" to work. Being a "production" shop, as dealers are, there are few techs who want to spend the time neccessary to diagnose them (and at $125/hour shop labor rate, it adds up really fast).
Hope to see you on the trails soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles