G Wagen - rear seat for the Chinese guide

Beat Mumenthaler

I'm planning to self-drive in China. To do that you need to have a guide in your car. In my G500 of 2010, I intend to take out the rear seats to get space for my gear. This leaves however no space for the guide… has anyone an idea how to solve this? I came accross the below "Notsitz" (in engl. emergency seat) which comes from the G Wolf, but frankly it doesn't look ideal.

All suggestions are welcome!!

1590677131804.png

Metric

I don’t think you want to bother trying to retrofit the wolf jumpseat into a 463. You can buy a jumpseat or two for the 463 and use the existing threaded bungs that exist in the sheet metal above the rear wheel wells. If thepassenger seat and the 1/3 portion of the rear seat are non-starters then that will be your easiest choice in terms of installation.

Beat Mumenthaler

Tks Metric, but I have Frontrunner drawers in the back, so no chance to fit the jumpseat for the 463. Are there any foldable seats I can carry on the roof while overlanding and fit in the cabin when entering China?

otiswesty

Regular guy
Maybe just leave the single seat in the back. That's how I have been running it, still a lot of space for gear and the guide dog.

This pic may show a couple of options.

FigaroSeat.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles