G Leaks When it Rains Hard

forty4fun

Observer
What year is your G? Is the truck parked or do you get water after driving on wet roads? If when parked, the rhino horn antennae has been known to allow water into cab. Also check your sun roof drains on drivers side and make sure they are clear.

Good Luck

paulunm

Could also be-

Windshield wiper shafts loose and need new caps w grease in them
Plastic sheet between door and inner door panel needs sealing
Door seal on body

paachi

I had a similar problem with my G and the wiper shafts were the culprit..but it was also a more involved fix because the screw wouldn't come off and I had to go behind the dash

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bravo30

What year is your G? Is the truck parked or do you get water after driving on wet roads? If when parked, the rhino horn antennae has been known to allow water into cab. Also check your sun roof drains on drivers side and make sure they are clear.

Good Luck

2015 G550. truck is always parked. i checked the sunroof drains and theyre clear. ill look into the antenna! thanks for the info...

Bravo30

Sent the truck to the dealer and after about a week's worth of testing they've come to the conclusion that it's a bad driver's side door seal and it's going to cost ardund $1,000 after whatever discounts they can get together. They said it's not covered under the CPO warranty.

Door Seals go bad after 4 years? Price seems steep but they said the parts are expensive and shipped from the motherland.

Thoughts ?

Bravo30

They already had the truck so too late for that now. last time i pulled out from their service with my sprinter they hit me with a charge for diagnosing etc so i just let them fix it.

just got the truck back. $1,050.99 total. they said they didnt charge for the parts, just for the labor since we just got the truck back in January and the work wasnt covered under the CPO warranty. whatever... its fixed (i hope)

Metric

Well I suppose one way of looking at it is that your total cost is equivalent to the retail cost of 2 seals plus 2 hours of shop time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier