G 300 in Guatemala

jtge

I bought this 1988 g300 diesel, and started working on it. I ended up changing the 5 cyl. diesel engine because it was about to die on me, and after considering some options ($), I installed a Nissan 2.7 TDi (turbo diesel intercooler) and I´m really happy with it. I´m in the local 4x4 club, and we travel around the country doing 4x4.

Here are some pics.....

IMG_8396.jpg

IMG_8400.jpg

IMG_8605.jpg

IMG_8395.jpg

Regards

jtge

Thanks. I´ll post some pics in a couple of days. I just left the G in the shop for a break job.

Regards

haven

Expedition Leader
jtge, welcome to ExPo, and thanks for sharing the photos
of your Mercedes/Nissan G-Wagen.

Do you remember what vegetables were planted under the
shelter of the long rows of white cloth in the first photo?
Coffee?

Chip Haven

jtge

Hi, the first picture was taken in my farm. Under the shelters, we are growing roma tomatos and bell peppers. We have a coffee plantation there too, and this are their pictures:

IMG_8652c.jpg

IMG_8356.jpg

Regards

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Great shots of your G-wagen.......

Where is your engine hiding? Under all those hoses:sombrero:

Looks like a real workhorse.

Is it your Deutschland sticker on the rear bumper?

Karl

jtge

How much does the GWagen cost down your way?

Good looking rig! Thanks for sharing.

A lot of money new. It´s hard to find a used one. After I bougth mine, I saw a 1986 4 door G300 that had a MB 300TD engine, that I assumed it was installed by the owner, and they were asking $ 7,500 (US).
I had luck with mine, since I traded an ´83 bmw 525e plus $ 1,300 for it.

Regards

A lot of money new. It´s hard to find a used one. After I bougth mine, I saw a 1986 4 door G300 that had a MB 300TD engine, that I assumed it was installed by the owner, and they were asking $ 7,500 (US).
I had luck with mine, since I traded an ´83 bmw 525e plus $ 1,300 for it.

Regards

Gracias senor.

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
The sticker is from Deutsche Schule Guatemala, my kid´s school.

Regards

Sehr gut mein Herr.....

Have to include that into my Destination Control folder. I wanted to drive to Palenque, Mexico in March but had to settle for La Paz due to time constrains, but the route is still being thought about even with a possible re-visit to Tikal.

Karl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste