Fzj80 Cummins 6bt discussion

Class3bko

I curious what people think of the practicality of a 6bt swap into an 80 series for the US market.
Dieseladapters has a very comprehensive kit that includes more than any other conversion I've seen. It's pricey at $5000 but having done a Cummins conversion on a Superduty before I don't think it's necessarily a steep price especially for the engineering that appears to have gone into it. No lift is required and uses the stock tranny with included torque converter.

Pros and cons over over rebuilding 1fz or a 1hdt swap?

Dieseladapters.com has everything included on their site so check it out if your interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cimarron13

You should search Dieseladapters first before you decide. Not very good customer service. As for the swap I love mine. I have a mix of the diesel adapters kit along with customs work. If you search/post on IH8MUD you will have better luck getting info as there are half dozen or so running this swap. Some like myself went with a NV4500 manual instead of the stock auto. Diesel Adapters also makes an adapter for the NV4500 to stock transfer case if that interests you. I went with a 60 series split case to convert to part time 4wd.

NMC_EXP

Explorer
Micah at Classic Cruisers in Salida CO put a 6BT in his 80 series. I do not know what adapter kit he used but he is very happy with the result.

teleturns

Adventurer
Micah uses some parts from diesel adapters and some of his own fabrication. He has completed 3 FJ80 cummins swaps and is currently working on a LX450 and a FJ60... his work is superior and looks factory once completed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94