FYI - Fraud Listing for a '88 Land cruiser on Facebook

Rig_X

Delete if this is not allowed, I am just listing this as a community service.
Ad was on facebook and on this webpage. I reported them to Facebook and the Internet Crime complaint center.

This cruiser looks sweet too. If its too good to be true it is!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Ad was on facebook and on this webpage. I reported them to Facebook and the Internet Crime complaint center.

Could it be just a typo? The dealer seems legit if you look at the other listings.

86scotty

Cynic
Fresh Auto Motors Solutions? No way would I business with an outfit of such dubious title. I mean, I guess it's possible the owner is an 90's hip hop fan sporting a high top fade with his plaid jacket but I don't imagine this type of fellow peddling Land Cruisers.

zip

I prefer social distancing.

How do you know this is fraud?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Possibly curbstoning? All of the photos are taken in a residential neighborhood but the address listed is a commercial corner with a few sketch auto dealers a gas station and a collision center.

I’m guessing a Vegas member could drive by tomorrow and confirm the existence of this rig?

Rig_X

How do i know it is fraud? First, the price alone is suspect. A comparable vehicle fetches WAY over that price. That would be an epic once in a lifetime deal if real.

Second, the "seller" claimed "she" wanted a quick sale and would not respond to direct questions (e.g. what is your phone number). Wanted to go through Ebay motors, "for our protection" even though it was not listed on Ebay. They were trying to arrange "ebay" to call ME with the instructions. LOL. The "seller" stated with eBay, "I can send it to you for 5 days to try it out, while they keep your money in a trust fund account. If after the 5th day you want it, they release the money to me, if not, you send it back for free and get your money back as well. The shipping is free. If you want to hear more details on it, please send me your full name, address, with the zip code and phone number." Insisted on that info, yet would not provide their phone number. Plus an easy google search shows they not only have no such program, but this ploy is used by scammers constantly.

And for the record that dealer claimed "We are not the owners, we are just advertising it. " No matter - next time do your due diligence, I reported them as well. Especially as their own phone number was busy and they too would not get back to direct FB messaging. Odds are they are 100% in on the scam.

Rig_X

Possibly curbstoning? All of the photos are taken in a residential neighborhood but the address listed is a commercial corner with a few sketch auto dealers a gas station and a collision center.

I’m guessing a Vegas member could drive by tomorrow and confirm the existence of this rig?

Seller claims the truck in in Augustus Maine now - its a dead husband story and they moved. Vin is legit, and could be ran in theory to see where it really is.

THe most interesting thing? Facebok claims it has been listed for 5 weeks. WTH? A $2200 Land cruiser still on the market after 5 weeks? Another suspicion the dealer must be in on it.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I’m fairly certain that no 1988 Toyota that has ever been within 1000 miles of Maine looks that good. It might have been believable as a desert car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles