FWC Siding Choice?

dabor

We have a FWC Hawk Shell on order, and need to make decision on siding. I understand the differences between corrugated aluminum and smooth aluminum in cost, appearance, repair costs, etc. I'm interested in actual, real world experiences of those of you with smooth aluminum with scratches? Dents and dings? Warping and ripples? Ever need to repair? If you were doing it over again, would you go with smooth or corrugated?

thesuzukimethod

we have the dark grey smooth siding on our projectM. love the way it looks on our grey tundra, but it absorbs a lot of solar radiation. (i.e. very hot to the touch in direct sunlight). doesn't necessarily transfer inside since the most direct sun hits the bright white roof....(and in the winter, i can see it helping not hurting). but it's an FYI. The time i really notice it is when i have the back door flipped up (close to 90 degrees) in the sun, and when you close it, you can tell it's been in the sun.

edit to add: it shows scratches too, but those just match the pinstripes on the truck. gotta love the scrub desert :)

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
we have the dark grey smooth siding on our projectM. love the way it looks on our grey tundra, but it absorbs a lot of solar radiation. (i.e. very hot to the touch in direct sunlight). doesn't necessarily transfer inside since the most direct sun hits the bright white roof....(and in the winter, i can see it helping not hurting). but it's an FYI. The time i really notice it is when i have the back door flipped up (close to 90 degrees) in the sun, and when you close it, you can tell it's been in the sun.

edit to add: it shows scratches too, but those just match the pinstripes on the truck. gotta love the scrub desert :)
Yeah I see these dark colored sweatboxes everywhere here in the Southwest. I have corrugated aluminum sides on my 21 yr old Northstar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier