Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I was patrolling craigslist earlier and came across this- 1987 Keystone

https://roseburg.craigslist.org/rvs/5412167358.html

However I drive this

Goldendale-20151212-00545.jpg

Northwest Umatilla-20151206-00535.jpg

Sorry the only pictures I had at work.
A 2004 chevy 2500 short box. My flatbed is 7x 71/2 feet. It would not be my perfect or permanent solution, but may be a good deal. What are your thoughts on if the keystone would even fit, how long are they, what to look for? Im guessing it would stick out 16ish inches? Just curious as to thoughts from those with more experience than me. Is it a good deal, or worth messing with?

Thanks

dk8ur

I cant speak for pairing that camper with that truck (though it seems like a good idea) but $1800 is way too much IMO. It looks like it's in pretty good shape. I think you could get it for $1200. Seriously talk him down on anything you can because if you dont YOU will be paying the difference.

dk8ur

Also I have 7 1/2' Fleet (70's) on a 6.5 bed. I wouldnt want my camper sticking out any further....

LuckyDan

Adventurer
The Keystone's were the longest of the FWC's at 9ft with the wide tail built out on the last 1ft to accommodate the heater, full oven/range and cabinet/closet or porti pot spot. Otherwise they are appointed more or less the same as the other FWC's of the era. So you would be dealing with roughly 2ft of overhang and a fairly wide jack mount extension for the front jacks. I have no idea where the center of gravity falls on one.

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
I would think that it will also sit several inches higher than a typical FWC install just as a result of the flatbed..

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
thanks guys, I have decided it would not be worth it and will continue to keep an eye out. Then link is still active im sure a screaming deal could be had.

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
The flatbed is a great way to get around the fitment issues (older campers often have trouble fitting in newer trucks).

The camper should be plenty stable on there. There'll just be a little space between the end of the flatbed and where that wrap-around camper back end starts. With some toolboxes on either side--no worries!

That price doesn't sound bad to me. I've seen much rougher Keystones and Grandbys for not much less, and that one looks very straight and includes jacks that look well sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier