FWC Opinions wanted

Greetings,
I am getting close to pull the trigger on a fwc raven for my 2016 crewmax tundra. I have wanted a fwc since I was about 12 when a friend of my dad showed up with one when we were on a buffalo hunt in the Henry’s.

Anywho, The plan is the raven model with: forced air furnace, fantastic vent fan, and the outdoor shower. I Really want any fwc owners input on features or addition they wish they would have bought. Or items/add ons that they wish they wouldn’t have.

Any input very much appreciated

TIA

Solar is well worth it. 2 batteries was overkill.

I use my awning often.

I should have gotten the 2 fan option because I am in desert often.

Does the shower give you hot water? I love the hot water heater too...

DC fridge sucks get at least AC-DC or 3 way.

Last edited:
Solar is well worth it. 2 batteries was overkill.

I use my awning often.

I should have gotten the 2 fan option because I am in desert often.

Does the shower give you hot water? I love the hot water heater too...

DC fridge sucks get at least AC-DC or 3 way.
Yes, shower setup provides hot water and a separate 6 gallon water tank I believe. Thanks for the input

My Hawk is fairly well optioned, but would really like to have roof racks/wall steps and an awning. The option for extra storage on the roof would be great. Maxtrax, shovel, kayaks etc. could go up there. The awning for shade obviously and to help create an outdoor living space. I don't have solar but that would be nice too.

Certainly need air bags or springs and E rated tires on your truck. I use solar on every trip you will need it for heater, refrigerator (if you use one), vent fans, and recharging. Roof rack is necessary for most solar. Backup lights are great to have for getting into camp late, but if you are handy you can put them on cheaper than the factory cost and same with solar.