FWC hinge replacement part?

beef tits

Broke a lot of things last weekend. Learned that it's best not to attempt to lift the roof with 3" of snow up top. Also learned that top-down camping is way more propane-efficient in single digit weather. Over 5 days... no frozen plumbing with the water heater running, and furnace set to 55F, so props to FWC for decent insulation. However...

Does anyone have the part number or manufacturer of the hinge that attaches the front lifting bar (the ¾" x 4" piece of plywood) to the front "lift plates" (I don't know what to call them). Mine is busted.

Hoping this is just another cheap crappy fence hinge that is in stock somewhere. Searched google for "black plastic hinge" and didn't see it in the first 6 pages of results.

Attachments

• F8162CB1-9476-4EAA-838A-139C2AC9616E.jpeg
    F8162CB1-9476-4EAA-838A-139C2AC9616E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

FAW3

Adventurer
I can't recall the details from memory but I can help a bit: unscrew the hinge plate and stamped on the back is the hinge makers web site and the model number too!

Ours broke in a similar manner as in your photo and I was going to order one...I just used JB Plastic Weld as a temporary fix...and it has held up for months...so I never ordered a replacement.

beef tits

Welp. I'm an idiot. There were THREE replacement hinges in the box of parts/documentation I got from the P.O.

So that's fixed. Must not be the first time it broke.

For anyone's future reference; The part is from "spep.com" part number 1004P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke