FWC camper mattress upgrade

Skinhyfish

Observer
Any ideas or recommendations for upgraded mattress to a Hawk. thought about 2in memory foam, but be nice if there was a one piece alternative.

Thanks Zach

sumnrfam

@Skinhyfish ,, do you sleep E/W, or use the pullout?,,

If you dont need the pullout, I highly recommend adding the Froli mattress suspension system,, Absolute game changer in comfort. We added the 'Star' model under the 3" natural latex mattress in the CampKing RTT and it is superb.

If you are looking for a custom mattress,, can also highly recommend 'Totcha' mattress. They have all the standard sizes along with 'build your own' (although the minimum thickness is 4"), If you have the room a 4" Totcha along with the Froli kit and you wont want to go home ;-) ,

tacollie

Glamper
We are using the Exped Megamat duo. We have it left over from our Flippac days. It is narrower than the FWC queen but it's comfy. It would be nice to find a wider option though.

fwcer

To make the FWC mattress more comfortable and to deter condensation, I keep a Thermarest-style inflatable, insulated backpacker's mattress permanently under the FWC mattress. Before lowering the roof, I open the valve to deflate the thermarest. After raising the roof, I open the valve to inflate the thermarest with 3 puffs of air.

If 2 people sleep in the FWC bunk, an additional thernarest wld be needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles