Fuso to halt US sales? What does this do to EarthCruiser?

gregmchugh

Observer
That is very respectable mileage for a class 6 Expo Truck. I think that is where not being 'overpowered' (by US standards, certainly not by European standards) really comes into play. Both my Fuso and 1017 are happy at 60 mph which is a nice traveling/sightseeing speed, and you are not 'motivated' to pass everything in sight. Sure, slower on the hills, but still able to travel uphill at Semi truck (class 8) speeds so not holding up the show. I'm sure the same with your Kenworth. That K-370 4x4 is awesome. When I first saw it, I was "I need that!". What a great platform with US support and all the benefits of a cabover for cabin vs. overall length and maneuverability. I'm hopeful that Earthcruiser can find a 'replacement' class 4 cabover truck as many people certainly desire a 'smaller' truck, but with the same cabover benefits.

Yes, we will stick with a cab over truck when we get to the point where we stop full time travel and downsize our truck and the dual cab EarthCruiser is the best option I see for a smaller truck...

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Yes, we will stick with a cab over truck when we get to the point where we stop full time travel and downsize our truck and the dual cab EarthCruiser is the best option I see for a smaller truck...
I'd be interested in why you would go from a single cab to a double cab? (I have one of each; Fuso-single, C4500-double, 1017A-triple), and without the rare 'requirement' I have using the 8'x10.5' cab of the 1017A as a camper when hauling my RZR on the flatbed (so no cabin on the back), unless you have more than two people, why go to that? Thanks,

gregmchugh

Observer
I'd be interested in why you would go from a single cab to a double cab? (I have one of each; Fuso-single, C4500-double, 1017A-triple), and without the rare 'requirement' I have using the 8'x10.5' cab of the 1017A as a camper when hauling my RZR on the flatbed (so no cabin on the back), unless you have more than two people, why go to that? Thanks,

Two daughters with one grand daughter each who will be old enough to go on adventures in a few years...

Good morning all,

As you all by now know, on Wednesday last week Fuso announced they would begin to phase out sales of Fuso vehicles in North America. This was as surprising to us as it was to most throughout the Fuso network. While we are disappointed by the abrupt nature of the news, we have been preparing for this eventuality since the discontinuance of the diesel FG platform last year.

Our proprietary 4WD system was designed for modularity, and can be fit to multiple platforms. The Fuso FE was the flagship, but a phased expansion to other platforms has always been a part of our long-term strategy. This announcement from Fuso, while accelerating our timeline slightly, does not change our overall development plan.

The 2021 EarthCruiser EXP and FX will be built around a Chevy cab over chassis. The Chevy boasts the same Vortec V8 engine and Allison transmission as the Fuso FE gasoline model. The width, length, payload, and other dimensions are very similar. These factors lead to a seamless transition, where the EC proprietary drivetrain and house system will combine to create a new, but very familiar EarthCruiser experience.

For a more detailed rundown, please see the message posted to our website, and linked below:

https://earthcruiser.com/earthcruiser-fuso-chassis/

As we roll into June, it is business as usual at EarthCruiser. Change is a constant, and something that is sought after and embraced by truly dynamic companies. We are committed to remaining the leader in the development of overlanding technology, and will continue to provide the most capable, most trusted overland expedition platform on the planet, for many years to come.

Very best,

Don

Reconnoiter

Good morning all,

As you all by now know, on Wednesday last week Fuso announced they would begin to phase out sales of Fuso vehicles in North America. This was as surprising to us as it was to most throughout the Fuso network. While we are disappointed by the abrupt nature of the news, we have been preparing for this eventuality since the discontinuance of the diesel FG platform last year.

Our proprietary 4WD system was designed for modularity, and can be fit to multiple platforms. The Fuso FE was the flagship, but a phased expansion to other platforms has always been a part of our long-term strategy. This announcement from Fuso, while accelerating our timeline slightly, does not change our overall development plan.

The 2021 EarthCruiser EXP and FX will be built around a Chevy cab over chassis. The Chevy boasts the same Vortec V8 engine and Allison transmission as the Fuso FE gasoline model. The width, length, payload, and other dimensions are very similar. These factors lead to a seamless transition, where the EC proprietary drivetrain and house system will combine to create a new, but very familiar EarthCruiser experience.

For a more detailed rundown, please see the message posted to our website, and linked below:

https://earthcruiser.com/earthcruiser-fuso-chassis/

As we roll into June, it is business as usual at EarthCruiser. Change is a constant, and something that is sought after and embraced by truly dynamic companies. We are committed to remaining the leader in the development of overlanding technology, and will continue to provide the most capable, most trusted overland expedition platform on the planet, for many years to come.

Very best,

Don
So that means we can get diesel again? Chevy 4500 & 5500 (low cab forward), HD & XD, 5.2L Turbo with 215HP & 452 lb-ft torque, right? If we brought you that chassis right now, could we get it before next year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online