Fuso SRW options

Aussie Iron

Explorer
I'm another plus one for Alan's rims, along with Dan I've had nothing but reliable motoring with these rims and they also have not been treated kindly (maybe not as rough on them as Dan, but I try:).
I have taped weights on mine with no issues, sounds like it may have been a placement issue on the alleged problem rims and lastly, I have always found Alan to be a decent bloke who does happen to live on the bottom of the world in Australia:snorkel:.

You need to try harder then.

Dan.

dtruzinski

Explorer
I'm another plus one for Alan's rims, along with Dan I've had nothing but reliable motoring with these rims and they also have not been treated kindly (maybe not as rough on them as Dan, but I try:).
I have taped weights on mine with no issues, sounds like it may have been a placement issue on the alleged problem rims and lastly, I have always found Alan to be a decent bloke who does happen to live on the bottom of the world in Australia:snorkel:.

+1 for Alan's wheels and + 1 for EarthCruiser as a supplier. I put a set on my 04 FG and a set on my 07 FG, both purchased from EarthCruiser.

Only once did the tire (err tyre) shop goof up the weight placement. I left the shop, applied the brakes and it felt like I was on a bucking bronco. Turned around and went directly back to the shop. A quick inspection showed the weights needed to be moved slightly to avoid contact with the brake drum. I do find it takes a little more attention when balancing big wheels and tires and am considering balance beads and Centramatics as options.

By the way, if you throw on a set of Goodyear Duratrac 315s, you will have a great wheel/tire combo for snow and ice packed road driving.

Mock Tender

Adventurer
Yes- but if they had just included a note or even spoke to to you as they were taking your money about the critical placement of the balancing weights- the tire shop wouldn't have ruined your wheels. I say ruined- cause if you believe that 325 to 385 pounds of torque pressure on six nuts per aluminum wheel, mounted catty wumpus didn't warp them, you are kidding yourself.

Mock

devonojas

I just returned from the Abenteuer & Allrad show in Germany and I saw an interesting 265/70R19.5 tire, mounted on an Iveco Daily 4x4, that I hadn't come across on the forums. The tire is the Pirelli MG:01. I think it's a nicer looking tire than the Toyo ATW offers, but maybe not available here in the states. I've read it's an Italian Military contract tire, but clearly available commercially in Europe. Just thought I'd share some intel here.

devonojas

I just returned from the Abenteuer & Allrad show in Germany and I saw an interesting 265/70R19.5 tire, mounted on an Iveco Daily 4x4, that I hadn't come across on the forums. The tire is the Pirelli MG:01. I think it's a nicer looking tire than the Toyo ATW offers, but maybe not available here in the states. I've read it's an Italian Military contract tire, but clearly available commercially in Europe. Just thought I'd share some intel here.
Actually, now that I re-look at this I'm not sure it's the Daily 4x4, but still interesting regarding the tires. :)

Euro6

I was in Abenteuer Allrad in Bad Kissingen Germany last week, and I can confirm it is the brand new 2019 Iveco Daily 4x4.

jrubicon

hi, can anyone identify what brand or supplier these wheels are? its supposedly a 17" aluminum. i am looking for 17" alum wheelsproj.JPG

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
If I am not mistaken, this vehicle is being sold by GXV, so I would contact them directly and see if you can get the required information.

ControlFreak

Hello Skippythedog.

As the supplier of these wheels to earthcruiser and other companies world wide i feel i need to present some facts here, it is true the last shipment of wheels supplied to earthcruiser were the incorrect stud pattern, this was before christmas and to reorder and be placed in the manufacturing schedule can take months to happen, the wheels are manufactured by Alex wheels in Taiwan to the highest standards, they have never been sourced from china or shipped from hong kong, we have well over 800 wheels out there world wide with NO failures or warranty issues that i am aware of, to criticize a product and or company on a public forum with no hard facts i find a very offensive to extreme!! feel free to contact me direct alan@outbackaccessories.com

Despite the fact Taiwan is part of China I'm still interested in the rims...anyone in Canada sell em?

Samer Shinaco

Hi I'm wondering why no one was going 20" rim with mpt81 combo? I found this Pic of someone but can find no info about it anywhere, I'm guessing the one in this Pic is 275/80 r20 (37" tall)Screenshot_20191206_150130_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles