Fuso special tools

Buckstopper

Adventurer
One other thought - The other "tool" that I carry is a AAA card. I upgraded to their RV plus coverage and it will cover 100 miles of towing in the US for whatever you are driving. When my tranny crapped we got towed from Tonopah, NV into Las Vegas to get it replaced. 117 miles. I paid for 17 and AAA picked up the tab for 100 no questions asked.

gregmchugh

Observer
I carry a Torque Multiplier to break the lug nuts loose. Some swear a cheater bar can do it but I bent a cheater bar trying so I carry at torque multiplier wrench. This is the one I carry and it make easy (well easier) work of changing tires:

Along the lines of changing tires these suckers are heavy! Have a plan on how you are going to handle them. I built a winch driven arm that lowers the spare to the ground. Better than hurting yourself handling these monsters.

Another option for a torque multiplier is this one which is a little more flexible than the Cheater Wrench since it does not require an adjacent lug nut to resist the torque. I have a length of aluminum tube to extend the length of the reaction bar to the ground for the large tires on our truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior