Fuso scanner

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
That's a generic code reader with support for non-OBD2 truck connectors. I doubt it would do anything Fuso specific, and if you have an OBD2 socket on your Fuso you can just use a generic code reader. (My Fuso has an OBD2 socket.)

kerry

Expedition Leader
I haven’t found an obdII connector on my truck. Just an empty connector with 3 pins next to another connector labeled ‘memory clear’ under the windshield washer fluid tank.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I haven’t found an obdII connector on my truck. Just an empty connector with 3 pins next to another connector labeled ‘memory clear’ under the windshield washer fluid tank.
Mines a 2007, I don't know what year they started using the standard OBD2 connector. I also have the MUT3 which works for my model year.

BigSkyBrad

(FCAR F506HD) Would I be wasting my money with this scanner? It has a specific Fuso function (I have a 2018 FGB71).
1657271257547.png

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I believe that the FGB71 is OBDII compliant, unlike all previous models prior to it.
I have heard of people using cheap OBDII readers to clear codes on your model. Have you tried any of those?

BigSkyBrad

No, I haven't. My nephew has a reader, but it doesn't do ABS, which is what I immediately need one for (and handy to have on the road). I'll have a Google for a suitably priced one if I only need a generic OBD2 reader.

BruceAndKrista

I’ve used the Launch HD code reader on our 2013 - it gives codes but you have to Google what the codes are after that. Can also clear codes. Does not provide the depth that the Xentry software does, but for the most part gets the job done for FAR less money!

Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4P10 crankcase pressure diagnostic 1

BigSkyBrad

I bought the FCAR F506HD in the end - the cheapest I could find was £209 which still stung a bit. It works on my 2015 FGB71 - cleared my ABS light, and highlighted a fault with the exhaust brake solenoid (£605 - gulp, and I think that's a pattern one) - hopefully it's just a dirty connector. It does any Fuso with OBD2 plug and J1939 protocol, Euro 2-5, and includes Duonic, a/c, etc. It also has a generic setting for cars and vans - it worked ok on my Suzuki Swift. I'm guessing the UD, Hino and Isuzu settings will be as comprehensive as the Fuso side of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles