Fuso frame thickness

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
4.5mm prior to paint. Can’t remember the tensile can check if you need it. The material is weld able.

4x4Truckoverland

4.5mm prior to paint. Can’t remember the tensile can check if you need it. The material is weld able.
Hi lanceatm,
Would you know if the 2004 FG649 chassis is the same alround dimensions as the newer model Canters? Just trying to work out if i get a tray built for the FG649 would it still fit on a nwer model.
Thanks

rruff

Explorer
From memory, it's 4.5mm, Isuzu is 6mm, was one of the considerations when I was looking.

Just for fun I measured my Tundra frame. It's 3.8mm. It's boxed in the front; from there to the to the forward spring mount it's got a additional pieces of C channel added top and bottom (B in the photo; also 3.8mm), then transitions to single wall open C for the rear of the frame. The "B" area is 7" tall and 3.25" wide.

I guess it's "reinforced" kinda like the Pakistani mod ;)

image-asset.png

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
Hi lanceatm,
Would you know if the 2004 FG649 chassis is the same alround dimensions as the newer model Canters? Just trying to work out if i get a tray built for the FG649 would it still fit on a nwer model.
Thanks
G`day
The rails on both truck are ~745mm by memory. Older models are made of thinner material.

DzlToy

Explorer
The 2008 USDM FG Body Builder's guide shows a frame rail cross section measuring 226mm x 70mm with a 6mm thickness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94