Fuso FG Bilstein 5100 shocks

FG Surfari

Adventurer
Update on original post

After reading the posts, I went out this evening and crawled under the Fuso.
I noted that the front Bilsteins have about 4" of compression travel before they would bottom out, and the bump stops would have hit before then.
The rears, though, only have about 2" of compression travel, with the bump stops sitting at about 4" before contact.
As such, I can see the concern in reference to the rear shocks, but in the case of my FG, and my particular setup, the shocks work quite fine.
In retrospect, though, and if I were to be off roading beyond a dirt back road, I would definitely reconsider the current setup.
Hope that helps. :smiley_drive:

kerry

Expedition Leader
I would think the biggest problem wouldn't be offroading with those shocks but hitting a dip or bump on the interstate. It would put very high loads on the shock mounts and likely break a shock mount after a few bumps. I'd be particularly concerned about the top part of the mount as the round tube the shocks mount to does not look all that robust in my opinion.

Last edited:

MJCake1

Bilstein shocks

This from a Bilstein design engineer: "Interesting stuff. I hope they are only using the shocks they mentioned on lifted trucks, they would bottom out on a stock Fuso." I took the liberty of sending him a link to this discussion.
Please send me a link also. I need shocks for my lifted Fuso.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online