Fuso FG 4x4 Custom Expedition Vehicle Build

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Also curious about the performance of Elgena Nautica Compact.
We researched that brand for some time on German Forums. Haven't found a single post where people complain. Considering fuel consumption and electrical draw, this is the most efficient system on the market.

Attachments

• Hot-water-heater-diagram-package-deal-1038x854.jpg
    Hot-water-heater-diagram-package-deal-1038x854.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 178

lvivier

We researched that brand for some time on German Forums. Haven't found a single post where people complain. Considering fuel consumption and electrical draw, this is the most efficient system on the market.

Do you know if Elgena is interested in producing a 12/24V DC version of the Luft? Would be nice to have an electric backup in the same footprint.

Victorian

Do you know if Elgena is interested in producing a 12/24V DC version of the Luft? Would be nice to have an electric backup in the same footprint.
They have no plans of doing so. But they have a 230V version. Unfortunately, you would also need a 230V converter to make it work in North America.

sumnrfam

OMG sorry for the total Math blond moment! I am British living in Canada and the whole metric imperial thing got things confused

Weight of bare truck with super singles and winch bumper = 2936kg
Weight of Truck with completed subframe, body, door and windows (empty Box) = 3890kg

GWVR of truck in kg 6372kg which leaves 2482kg for the build-out.

Hope that clears things up ;o)
Whew!!,, Glad you cleared that up ;-)

jetstreamin

A few Build Updates pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2300.jpeg
    IMG_2300.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2303.jpeg
    IMG_2303.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_2309.jpeg
    IMG_2309.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2310.jpeg
    IMG_2310.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2313.jpeg
    IMG_2313.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2326.jpeg
    IMG_2326.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2334.jpeg
    IMG_2334.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2369.jpeg
    IMG_2369.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2371.jpeg
    IMG_2371.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 202

jetstreamin

And some more...

Attachments

• IMG_2315.jpeg
    IMG_2315.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2352.jpeg
    IMG_2352.jpeg
    881.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2376.jpeg
    IMG_2376.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2380.jpeg
    IMG_2380.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2381.jpeg
    IMG_2381.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2390.jpeg
    IMG_2390.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_2392.jpeg
    IMG_2392.jpeg
    749.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2384.jpeg
    IMG_2384.jpeg
    803.7 KB · Views: 179

Arjan

Fossil Overlander
Starting to come together very, very nicely.

May I ask what the screen is ? what sort system are you using.

Arjan

Fossil Overlander
Thanks - looks interesting.

I do wonder how it feels living in a LR 110 being vibrated to death...

NYON

More pics
Hi Jetstreamin,

Been following your progress since Jan this year and your build looks great. I had a couple questions about how you're building your interior. I know you got your box from totalcomposites and was wondering how you attached the wood framing for the interior to the interior of the habitat box. I'm guessing you got a fibreglass face interior....did you use some kind of adhesive to bond the wood to the interior wall or did you use some kind of mechanical fastener (rivet, screw, etc.) or a combination of the two? How is the strength of your attachment method? Thanks in advance!

Victorian

Hi Jetstreamin,

Been following your progress since Jan this year and your build looks great. I had a couple questions about how you're building your interior. I know you got your box from totalcomposites and was wondering how you attached the wood framing for the interior to the interior of the habitat box. I'm guessing you got a fibreglass face interior....did you use some kind of adhesive to bond the wood to the interior wall or did you use some kind of mechanical fastener (rivet, screw, etc.) or a combination of the two? How is the strength of your attachment method? Thanks in advance!

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here... :)
Although I can't comment how he installed his cabinetry, we have a standard procedure we recommend. First: Don't "screw" anything to the fiberglass panel! This could and likely will create a de-lamination through a point load. We recommend using the following method as shown in the attached PDF. totalcomposites-10.jpg

Attachments

• Cabinetry install TC camperbody.pdf
    756.6 KB · Views: 139

NYON

Hi Victorian, thanks for the clarification on the "recommended" way to attach cabinetry to the walls of your composite boxes. :) Sorry, had two more quick questions after looking at the PDF you suggested....1) I'm guessing the "glue" shown in your PDF isn't regular glue but some kind of special adhesive, is that right? 2) Would this be the method used to attach other things like bed frames, etc. in your composite boxes? Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any advice you had.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here... :)
Although I can't comment how he installed his cabinetry, we have a standard procedure we recommend. First: Don't "screw" anything to the fiberglass panel! This could and likely will create a de-lamination through a point load. We recommend using the following method as shown in the attached PDF. View attachment 553586

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles