Fuso Canter - Pfau 6500

nic.lac

Hello,

I've been looking to get my own cab over camper truck for a while now and have bounced back a couple of ideas, one of them pretty involved, converting a isuzu or Mitsubishi chassis to 4X4 as they are not available in Canada in 4X4 and double cabs.

That was until i found this beauty:

Now my research tells me no Canter ever came with central or rear diff locks, so i am wondering if someone knew the specs on these axles?
These "pfau Rexter 6500" editions also came factory with super singles.

This would solve me many headaches over converting a 4x2 truck to 4X4 so I'm really interested in finding more about these trucks.

It seems they have:
Selectable 4X4 (although some adds mentionned permanent)
Low range
Central, rear and front diff lock.
3L engine? no 4M50 like they did here for similar years?

Any Euro's here that can shed some light?
Google doesn't turn up much besides similar adds.

Since these can be found in great condition and 15 years old ( import rule for canada), I'm pretty interested..
I've considered JDM's but Euro versions are already LHD and likely easier to source parts.

Abitibi

Explorer
Never heard of those but that'd be a good buy. Not cheap though. Looks like they have a couple available. To get a cabover 4x4 crewcab I had to find a JDM one and import it.

Looks pretty awesome however I think if I were gonna import I would just get a Unimog. I wonder if the 4x4 is Mitsubishi 4x4 or aftermarket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94