Furlough Exploration, High Mountain Colorado to the desert of Utah.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Great pictures! This makes me want to take the Lockheart Basin route that much more now. Thanks for sharing

alia176

Explorer
If you can swing an extra day or two, Lockhart Basin trail has some side trails that are worth exploring.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Stitebunny

Adventurer
Great trip! Good for you guys for taking advantage of the time off!
I was really surprised to see how little snow there was at 12k feet. For some reason I thought they usually got more this early.

How technical is the Lockheart Basin Rd? No plans to go right now, but it looks amazing and wondering if our 4x4 E350 could make it. Eb version.

I really need to get back on the road.....or off the road i guess!

40tude

Adventurer
Thanks for posting, we did Lockhart in the middle of summer, I think you chose a better time.

I don't think I would want to do it in a van... just saying.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting, we did Lockhart in the middle of summer, I think you chose a better time.

I don't think I would want to do it in a van... just saying.

I think he has a 4x4 van made for offroad but

I never done Lockheart Basin so you could be right!

alia176

Explorer
I was really surprised to see how little snow there was at 12k feet. For some reason I thought they usually got more this early.

How technical is the Lockheart Basin Rd? No plans to go right now, but it looks amazing and wondering if our 4x4 E350 could make it. Eb version.

You may want to ask the same question in the SMB forum. There is a short section near the North end that will require a spotter.

NM-Frontier

Explorer

I think they had one small storm a week before we did the Loop, so we luck out there was such little snow. As for the E350 on Lockheart I think you could make it if you had good armor and a rear locker. There will be some tight spots for ya so good spotting will be a must, but I'v heard of folks dragging off road trailers through there. Id do some chatting with some fullsize rigs before ya go, but I sure its been done.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
If you can swing an extra day or two, Lockhart Basin trail has some side trails that are worth exploring.

The drive down to the Colorado in Lockheart proper was sweet, but we did not do any of the others.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Part 4 Gemini Bridges, Long Canyon

Gemini Bridges,Long Canyon

So after arriving in Moab we set out to see some local sites that we had not seen on previous trips to the area. We plan out a loop to check out the Gemini Bridges and come back in to town down Long Canyon and on to Potash road. The loop was fun with lots of roads to explore, we spent two nights out and only really saw anyone at the trail head to walk down to Gemini Bridges. Soon we caught word that the powers that be may be getting there act together, so we closed the book on this adventure and pointed the Cruiser back home, knowing we'd made the best of it.

IMG_5830.JPG

IMG_5832.JPG

IMG_5850.JPG

IMG_5872.JPG

IMG_5875.JPG

Stitebunny

Adventurer
You definitely made the best of it! Great trip!

Thanks for sharing the photos!

And thanks to all for the trail beta with the van. Sounds like I'll work up to that one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles