Full Size Dodge Thread

08Silverado

Adventurer
Here's my 15 ram 2500 CTD tradesman
We've had it since last july and have been steadily building it and enjoying it, It works so well on those long freeway runs then head into the woods or where ever else you want to go.
Here's what we have so far, the next project is the interior of the shell with storage, lighting and internal bracing for a roof rack.
Carli pintop system with sway bar
37" Toyo mt on Method NV
Synergy steering box brace
4.56 gears
ARB lockers F&R
1/4" plate diff cover
ARB twin compressor
Mercinary bumpers F&R
Warn m12000 with synthetic line
Leer shell
View attachment 338029
View attachment 338030
View attachment 338032
Great looking truck I used to have one that looked just like it minus the gears and lockers and bumpers! I miss that truck!

Binksman

Observer
For those of you running the H2 wheels how did y'all make them fit

I carefully used a 4-1/2" grinder with a 60 grit sanding disc and a coffee can lid as a template. I haven't killed a busload of nuns yet in the 20k miles on this set up. The H2 wheels are lighter than any factory Ram wheel other than a PW set up, and the offset was enough to allow 35" tires to fit when I had them.

Dropbox link to a picture of my setup

The hub caps are harder to trim than the wheel.

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
I just got a set of Method's from CJC. They have Ram specific backspacing. 17 x 8.5 x +25mm offset. Hubcentric.

Dang those are fancy! I used to see you occasionally around SD, but we never met.

Post up a pic when you get them installed. You still running the kore coils?

-Chris

Bret+famx7

View attachment 487318
Had a 2011 that guzzled fuel. Missed the torque. This 2017 has plenty and fuel mileage has been fantastic.
What can you tell me about that rack? Is the rear cross bar removable so a dirt bike would still fit in the back? And also, what size tires are those? I want to say 285/75-18 and that's the size I've been looking at but yours is the 1st one I've seen with the stock wheels and it looks good.

jonathon

6TtM9UW.jpg

ITZfZF1.jpg

I am really digging my 2019 2500 with the 6.4l Hemi and 8 speed trans. I managed to find one with 4.10 gears and the rear limited slip. 1300 miles and averaging 13 MPG cruising the Cascades in the winter time. Only things I’ve done is WeatherTech mud guards, Amp bed step, and removed the air dam. OEM steps were included in the deal and those go on this week. Wheels and suspension are staying stock until it’s paid for and I’ll install 35’s once the OEM tires wear down to about half.

I need to figure out what I am doing to do with the bed. I love having the convenience of an open bed for doing work, but not having the dry storage space a canopy offers kind of sucks. I’ve had a canopy before and it was a love hate relationship to say the least. I’ve thought about a Softopper but I’m not to fond of how it interfaces with the tailgate. Velcro is kind of lame.

phsycle

Adventurer
I need to figure out what I am doing to do with the bed. I love having the convenience of an open bed for doing work, but not having the dry storage space a canopy offers kind of sucks. I’ve had a canopy before and it was a love hate relationship to say the least. I’ve thought about a Softopper but I’m not to fond of how it interfaces with the tailgate. Velcro is kind of lame.

I’ve racked my brain about this quite a bit. On one hand, the very large dry and secure storage of a shell would be great. But there are always those instances where I need an open bed to move large cargo.
Option 1 was to look at an aluminum shell. Much lighter than fiberglass. But still a pain to take off and store.
Option 2 was Softopper. Offers the large dry storage but no security. And looked kind of cheesy.
Option 3 was a tonneau. Not as much storage but not bad. Secure as well. And very easily removable and stores in the corner of the garage. I ultimately settled on a tri-fold model. Wish there were a go go gadget shell. For now, a tonneau cover works.

jonathon

I’ve racked my brain about this quite a bit. On one hand, the very large dry and secure storage of a shell would be great. But there are always those instances where I need an open bed to move large cargo.
Option 1 was to look at an aluminum shell. Much lighter than fiberglass. But still a pain to take off and store.
Option 2 was Softopper. Offers the large dry storage but no security. And looked kind of cheesy.
Option 3 was a tonneau. Not as much storage but not bad. Secure as well. And very easily removable and stores in the corner of the garage. I ultimately settled on a tri-fold model. Wish there were a go go gadget shell. For now, a tonneau cover works.

I keep coming back to a bed cover as well, especially Diamondback or Highway Products due to how they operate and how easy they come out.

plumber mike

Adventurer
The rack is a system 1. It’s an all aluminum contractor rack. The crossbar is removable. The dirt bikes load in nicely. I use the ratchet straps up on the rack to keep from compressing the bikes suspension.

The tires are Toyo in 285/75-18. They zapped a little power over stock. I wouldn’t want to go any bigger without stepping up the gear ratio. Sure wish 4.10 was an option from the factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles