Full Size Dodge Thread

Roadmaster39

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Howdy folks,

I'm not sure I'm posting this question in the right place, but here goes:

I've owned a '16 Power Wagon since January. I've had it offroad twice and gotten a flat both times. Admittedly, in an area with some potentially sharp rocks (Eastern Sierras near Lone Pine), but i wasn't doing anything too hairy. The second flat was this past Sunday coming down from Cerro Gordo on a graded dirt road. The tires are the stock Goodyear Wrangler Duratecs. I did not air the tires down as it seemed unnecessary under the circumstances. These damn things are expensive! Thanks for your help.

Erik

Attachments

• Cerro Gordo.JPG
    Cerro Gordo.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Cerro Gordo.JPG
    Cerro Gordo.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 104

TeamDoty

Cpt. TeamDoty
2005 Dodge Ram 3500. 2" level on the front, Thuren shocks, Synergy track bar, 1pc. rear drive shaft, stock steelies w/ 315 BFG KO2

Tommy R

Geaux Tigers!
Hey y'all,

Figured I'd share my truck. It's hardly "expedition worthy" at this point. Truth be told, I need to find more land in Texas to explore before I go in too deep with it. For now, it serves as tow rig for my Jeep, part-time daily driver, and hopefully it'll be an expedition rig and portable hotel for offroading trips when I'm towing the Jeep to various offroad parks.

Details are:
2001 Dodge 2500 4x4
  • Cummins diesel
  • Bought in '08 with 149k on it. Now has 208k.
  • Built automatic with torque converter lockup switch (use it ALL the time)
  • 3.55s with LSD rear (plan on keeping it that way until the terrain convinces me otherwise) :)
  • Programmer (Edge), 4" exhaust w/muffler, Airdog 150 fuel pump, BHAF for a bit more power
  • Steering box stabilizer bracket
  • 2010 Dodge steering tie rod and drag link w/Bilstein stabilizer
  • 2.5" spacer up front
  • 285/75-16 Toyo ATs on stock wheels
  • Uniden CB w/36" Firestick

Guess it's time for an update on my rig. It's now up to ~221k miles and I finally gave it some TLC:
  • 35" E rated Nitto Ridge Grapplers
  • 17x8.5 Hummer H2 wheels with stock Dodge center caps
  • Bilstein 5160 shocks with external reservoirs
  • Metal Cloak front control arms
  • 14" brakes from a 3rd gen Dodge

Some of the goodies...
18208974_10211494545132384_4720902101435831554_o-X2.jpg

And with the new (to me) wheels and new tires...
16819489_10207946570731423_4482371014519472996_o-X2.jpg

16825800_10207946570651421_5706256246762414737_o-X2.jpg

This past weekend I packed it up to go to Big Bend National Park in very southwest Texas. Until I do more of this, I haven't been able to justify more permanent mods to get the truck ready for this kind of thing. That being said, I definitely need to fab up a better bracket for a full size spare and since I had such a good time, I definitely envision some more mods coming up for the truck.
IMG_9033-X2.jpg

IMG_8869-X2.jpg

IMG_8848-X2.jpg

IMG_8863-X2.jpg

Brianagg06

Another 5.9L Cummins ('05 Ram 2500) from Texas over here...just turned 174,000 miles. Bought used, already leveled with 315 BFGs. Since then, have done the following

-Carli Track Bar
-Carli Ball Joints
-Bilstein 5100s all around
-Bilstein Steering Stabilizer
-2008.5 MOPAR Steering Upgrade
-Maxx Links End Links
-Timken Hubs
-Method NV Wheels
-AFE Mega Cannon CAI
-4" Magnaflow Exhaust
-Custom Cargo Bars with Yakima Loadwarrior Basket over the bed
-Custom kayak/surfboard rack over the cab

Up Next is Front/Rear Pinion Seals and Mag Hytec rear cover. New control arms, DOR Steering Brace and Thuren leveling coils in near-ish future. I've never had more fun with a truck. These diesels are addicting.

Here's the rig loaded up for a day at the river. Sorry for boring driveway pic

river trip.jpg

gunpainter

Observer
This was taken this winter at an overnight trip I did a few hours away with a group of like minded folks. It's a 2012. Heading out for a month long road trip with my daughters here in about 3 weeks. I got a bunch of things to mount on top of that diamondback cover. Underbody service box getting bolted on top, side access so I can get what I need without crawling on top of the truck, traction boards, 2 jerry cans in a BajaRack Jerry can holder, and a couple milk crates that i'll be using to hold gallon water jugs for cooking and cleaning. Cooler will be mounted on the rear of the cover for easy access, and the ezup in front of it. Underneath the cover is jam packed in itself, and the ramboxes will be full. Pretty much anything and everything we'll need for 4 weeks on the road camping everywhere we go.

truck.jpg

crismateski

American Adventurist
Howdy folks,

I've owned a '16 Power Wagon since January. I've had it offroad twice and gotten a flat both times. Admittedly, in an area with some potentially sharp rocks (Eastern Sierras near Lone Pine), but i wasn't doing anything too hairy. The second flat was this past Sunday coming down from Cerro Gordo on a graded dirt road. The tires are the stock Goodyear Wrangler Duratecs. I did not air the tires down as it seemed unnecessary under the circumstances. These damn things are expensive! Thanks for your help.

Erik

The stock tires are not really anything special, but airing down some would possibly help. Take a look at the Falken MT or AT3W or the Toyo, you will be much happier.

aearles

Observer
Agreed, I patched all 5 of the stock duratracs in their 32k mile lifespan from rock punctures, switched to KO2s and haven't had a single problem for the 22k they've been mounted.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Howdy folks,

Erik

Chuck them and get Toyo,Nitto or the Cooper ST Maxx. Stronger carcasses and better flat resistance. Improved highway performance too.

CatButt

Observer
My addition to the thread...

DodgeKelso.jpg

Just added a full DOR long arm kit with Fox coil overs, full steering upgrade, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier