Full size crew (short bed) vs. Tacoma Double cab

98dango

Expedition Leader
If ya need to tow or need room for 6 full size a single person I loved my Sonoma with 1 tons now *** wife dog kid it's been in the back yard from the first trip

Clutch

<---Pass
If ya need to tow or need room for 6 full size a single person I loved my Sonoma with 1 tons now *** wife dog kid it's been in the back yard from the first trip

Good thing there are only two of us and a dog. Mostly it is just me and the dog. ;)

Tell ya, I did look hard at a Silverado. Extra cab and a 6.5' bed is awfully appealing. (stranger things have happened)

Do believe the a GM extra cab has 2 more inches of leg room than a DC Taco....and only 2" inches longer in wheelbase over a DCLB Taco.

2-07+%20Chevy-77500%20+%20Icon%20+%20CST-1000.jpg

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
You always come up with nice looking trucks.

Cheaper to look at pictures, than buying... ;)

I am like a teenage boy with car & truck posters on the bed room wall...except now it is on the computer...I have files and files full of cool looking vehicles.

Mazzulla builds some clean GM's, really like the "Cateye" Cheby's...

mazzulla.jpg

69570_10151338990323337_665401177_n.jpg

532424_10150982003153337_283528840_n.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Toss a super charger on the Tacoma will put 285 HP at the crank....240ish at the rear wheels...which is great for that little truck... stock 190 is plenty.

All and all, it really is an apple to oranges comparison. I will say the Tacoma "should" get better mileage for what it is. For me it makes up for that in another areas...that whole less is more, is one of the reasons I have it over fullsize...90% of it's life is spent unloaded running around town...weekends it gets dirt bike hauler duty.

Though I still hem and haw about getting a fullsize.

Toss a supercharger on the Chev and you get 400hp.:)

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
There's a saying you buy horsepower but drive torque. Yes my Silverado has just under 400hp but more importantly it has over 760 ft-lbs of torque at 1,600 rpm.

Clutch

<---Pass
There's a saying you buy horsepower but drive torque. Yes my Silverado has just under 400hp but more importantly it has over 760 ft-lbs of torque at 1,600 rpm.

Waaaay more than what I need...those diesels sure are fun to drive.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Way more than anyone needs....ha ha, but is it more than you want? I'm driving a jeep jk with the 3.8, what's power?

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

Clutch

<---Pass
Too much power? Blasphemy I say

Oh, I like to go fast...already had my driver's license suspended once for drag racing one of my Chevelles when I was younger.

The underpowered Yoda keeps me in check.

Save the speed needs for the dirt bike, less cops... ;)

sargeek

Adventurer
I own a 06 Tacoma DCLB w/ OME suspension. I get to drive a Silverado extended cab w/ standard bed.

The Tacoma drives much bigger than its size. The turning radius is horrible, but it drives like a truck, and has better driving manners. The engine/ transmission/ gearing is dialed in to perform well. On the highway can pull over 20; average 16-18; drops to 9 when pulling a travel trailer close to max weight, However it has enough power to maintain 75 most of the time.

The Silverado is a z71 loaded with all the toys. It will get over 20 on the highway and average 16. The part I have about the Chevy is that they try to make the truck a car. Chevy's have super soft suspension, rides nice on the freeway, but has no road feel. To get the mileage up, it has 18" tires from the factory that only take passenger tires. Chevy also has the rear end geared from fuel economy, so the truck hunts for the right gear. The truck also sits low to the ground to improve economy. When you drive it through the snow you have to worry about tearing off the rubber spoiler under the bumper.

Bottom line is that the Toyota knows it is a truck, and it does not compromise much from that. The Silverado is a truck that try's to be something like else in a truck body. I think Ford and Dodges are more truck like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles