Fuel injectors selection for Gen 3 montero?

vfx_vish

I removed the current injectors from my gen 3, I think one or two are shot and are not closing properly plus they all need cleaning too, the injectors are Denso 195500-4370, however, searching online (especially on aliexpress) reveals that the Denso part is just a rebrand of chinese made injectors? Am I correct or are the ones on aliexpress knockoffs of the Denso ones? They share the same part numbers. Any advice on this topic would be helpful. Thanks.

ChrisCosta416

The aliexpress are knock off ones.

You can have your injectors rebuilt of spend some money on Genuine Densos from rockauto. Most other Denso items on ebay or sites like aliexpress are fake.

ChrisCosta416

Are the Chinese injectors any good? I plan to do injectors on my 3.5 gen 3

Doubt it. Use quality parts especially when it comes to things that are hard to get too and time consuming to install. Do you want your injectors to fail when you are out on the trail?

The Denso injectors were chosen by the mfg and lasted a long time already.

Get the OEM Injectors rebuilt.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Just have the current original ones tested and cleaned. I have 230k on mine with no issues. They are original so they are also close to 25 years old.

MontySquareo

I found rebuild kits online for like 30 bucks. (filter screen, orings, ect.) I think I might try rebuilding my own injectors, I just have to make some kind of flow tester, and if they flow different ill just buy new ones.

ChrisCosta416

I found rebuild kits online for like 30 bucks. (filter screen, orings, ect.) I think I might try rebuilding my own injectors, I just have to make some kind of flow tester, and if they flow different ill just buy new ones.

RC Injectors in Torrance, CA rebuilds and tests your OEM ones for about 100-200$ I belive. They have a good turn around too!

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I’m all for trying and learning new things, but fuel injectors are something I’ll gladly leave to a qualified shop. They are mission critical hardware and buried deep enough in my 6G74 that Id rather not experiment with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94