Fuel can storage

pluton

Adventurer
With the current way gasoline is formulated remember to rotate it every 6 months to a year. A little heet and stabilizer isn't a bad idea either.
I've had California gas 9 or 10 months old w/no additives, used it in the 97 4Runner, no issues. I try to swap it every 6 months. Different engines may react differently.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Yeah no possible reason someone wouldn't to store large quantities of flammable liquids for no reason other than a disaster prep fantasy.

Your statement is ridiculous

I lost my house to the Northridge earthquake. It's no 'fantasy'. Ask anyone in the earthquake, fire or blizzard or hurricane zones if running a generator during an extended power loss is a 'fantasy'.
'no reason'. Ignorance and arrogance is a bad combination. You should try to correct both.

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
I’m on board with disaster prep or whatever reason, maybe you need to destroy evidence on short notice... whatever.

My brother in law was just given about 15 min to prepare and evacuate his place near Malibu. Then he spent almost 8 hours in traffic. If I was doing that, I’d be much happier knowing I had a full gas can to add to the tank versus fighting the lines at a few stations... before the power is cut.

When I lived back east, multi day power outages were common. Nice to have a few extra gallons for the car or stove then too.

It can happen anywhere.

Do you think the State Farm She Shed has gas in it?

yep and in the days afterward people who stayed in Malibu rather than leave and be prevented from returning to their homes by authorities were getting gas and other critical supplies literally ferried into the beach, circumventing the official roadblocks. Water and food and fuel jugs being carried ashore on paddle boards and kayaks and anything else that could float.

but no worries, rovign1 assures us the need is a 'fantasy'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles