Fuel Bladders for Truck Beds

calicamper

Expedition Leader
These types of bladders were tried many yrs ago by a few ocean yachts for easy water containers. Long distance ocean races have strict requirements regarding gear and water. The sailboat I raced we had two hard tanks we strapped into the boat to meet Regs. Many others tried the bladders. Day 6 of the 2200 mile race two boats reported they had lost their water bladders. By day 8 every single bladder style tank had failed. Today only ridged tanks are permitted for this particular ocean race.

Fuel bladder in a truck bed? Hell no I wouldn’t do it.

Hanzo

Exactly the type of info I was looking for guys, thanks! Anyone run the giant loop or desert fox bags designed for motorcycles?

billiebob

Check with your insurer first, it might void your policy,
check with you state second, it might be illegal.
Guaranteed it will be illegal on a ferry, maybe in a parkade too.
AND read the literature with the fuel bladder I bet it is FULL of disclaimers.

Are you transporting gas or diesel..... HUGE difference.

Last edited:

billiebob

Wait, whut? But, but....they’re MilSpec quality!
Exactly..... MIL SPEC means they get a pass on all those regs protecting civilians.
Which is why states like Texas and Colorado are banning the license of ALL military spec vehicles.
100% original, parade use only.

MIL SPEC is just a way to say..... Meets no local, state, federal regulations.
cuz our soldiers deserve the BEST we can supply. Regardless of the silly, nanny, safety regulations which protect us.

The original military Jeeps had the driversit on the gas tank cuz..... if they hit the gas tank, they likely hit the driver.
But if the tank was behind the axle..... odds of killing the driver just doubled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz