FT-4X

Airmapper

Inactive Member
no offense intended to anyone... but this is really the "millennial mobile"

I am not offended by people ridiculing Millennial's in the least. I am offended that I might be in the demographic called a Millennial... :(

Millennial's suck, but I don't think it's so much about the age, it's the urban vs. rural thing, and entitled, overpaid, under-skilled, arrogant know it all's that make the rest of us born in the 80's look bad.

Clutch

<---Pass
I'm seeing you surrendering your man card in the future.... :p

Thought I lost it long ago when I sold my F250 and bought my first Toyota mini "truck" a '85 4Runner. ;) Boy did I get made fun of for buying that.

Believe it is being around those over compensating jacked up diesel sexual trucks driving around here, has me wanting anti-machismo....think it is mandatory you need a lumberjack beard to own one of those. Don't know what is worse, millennials or those frucks who stand around circle jerking to a poster of Diesel Dave...what is up with stacks on a pickup anyway?

I see that VW is offering 4-Motion in their Golf Wagon, with an available MANUAL transmission...who would of thunk that a VW car would be more manly than a F250!? Ha ha!

Keep on threatening on buying a wagon of some sorts, the better half is against it.

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
Wagons are really really nice. I'm on the taco SR/awd wagon split choice still.

I think that is a good combo to have, little pickup and a wagon that gets decent fuel economy. We have an SUV along with my Tacoma, would like to scale the SUV part of it back a little. Though with the past winter we just had, I even saw Subarus getting high centered. That FT-4X might be ok. Turn down some of the styling for production and it should be alright. Looks like I am one of the few that actually likes it, I see Christophe Noel...gave it a bad review on the front page...doesn't he drive a Jeep Trail Hawk!?

Though, I would really like the new Proace van that is being offered in Europe. Manual trans, and if I am doing the conversion right, high 40's mpg, dang!

https://www.toyota-europe.com/new-cars/proace/

2016_proace_act_06.jpg

And brodozers are worse....

"Nice truck! Sorry about your penis..." :D Ha ha!

Last edited:

Finlay

Triarius
I dunno. Maybe I'm bad at being a GenXer, but I kind of like it.

But, I used to have a Tercel 4wd wagon pictured above, and... I have a lot of affection for that car. It wasn't very fast, or attractive I guess, but decent MPGs for the era and you just could not get it stuck. The few times I did, through some considerable effort (read young dumbness), it was light enough to extract with a comealong. It never left me stranded, and always started even in MN winters, and until the rust got too bad, it was unstoppable.

So, yeah. Some of FT4X is over the top marketing drivel, but a little 4wd toyota fun wagon... I could go for that.

Clutch

<---Pass
You mean Toyota's rip-off of the Subaru GL Wagon?

Since Toyota bought 8.7% of Fuji Heavy Industries back in 2005, currently own 16.48% of the company (renamed Subaru Corporation on April 1, 2017), it is all good. :D

Last edited:

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Thought I lost it long ago when I sold my F250 and bought my first Toyota mini "truck" a '85 4Runner. ;) Boy did I get made fun of for buying that.

Believe it is being around those over compensating jacked up diesel sexual trucks driving around here, has me wanting anti-machismo....think it is mandatory you need a lumberjack beard to own one of those. Don't know what is worse, millennials or those frucks who stand around circle jerking to a poster of Diesel Dave...what is up with stacks on a pickup anyway?

I see that VW is offering 4-Motion in their Golf Wagon, with an available MANUAL transmission...who would of thunk that a VW car would be more manly than a F250!? Ha ha!

Keep on threatening on buying a wagon of some sorts, the better half is against it.

I think my next car will be a Jeep compass set up like the trailpass concept for the reasons you state above.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I think that is a good combo to have, little pickup and a wagon that gets decent fuel economy. We have an SUV along with my Tacoma, would like to scale the SUV part of it back a little. Though with the past winter we just had, I even saw Subarus getting high centered. That FT-4X might be ok. Turn down some of the styling for production and it should be alright. Looks like I am one of the few that actually likes it...

Clutch I feel like I have agreed with you a lot on this topic. I like the idea of this vehicle and with many of the gimmicks removed it would be a great little family vehicle capable of getting into and out of the rough stuff. My wife drives a little hatchback and loves it. While our Tundra is great the fuel mileage really cuts into a budget. Our hatchback is not all-wheel drive nor does it have much ground clearance and that stops us from using it for mild desert and forest road exploring. We are on a budget, but on the lookout for a Subaru in the right price, or like I have already said we might bite the bullet and buy a Jeep Compass.

zidaro

Explorer
Its Cute!

I could see it a very successful lil snow country commuter vehicle, or 1st car for my daughter (if its priced below $10K) to bounce to college in. Great for the City folk to tour the rough countryside around them.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I think that is a good combo to have, little pickup and a wagon that gets decent fuel economy. We have an SUV along with my Tacoma, would like to scale the SUV part of it back a little. Though with the past winter we just had, I even saw Subarus getting high centered. That FT-4X might be ok. Turn down some of the styling for production and it should be alright. Looks like I am one of the few that actually likes it...

Clutch I feel like I have agreed with you a lot on this topic. I like the idea of this vehicle and with many of the gimmicks removed it would be a great little family / mild explorer. My wife drives a little hatchback and loves it. While our Tundra is great the fuel mileage really cuts into a budget. Our hatchback is not all-wheel drive and that stops us from using it for mild desert and forest road exploring. We are on a budget, but on the lookout for a Subaru in the right price, or like I have already said we might bite the bullet and buy a Jeep Compass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior