Sold: Ultimate 4x4 Overland Camper - Jeep Gladiator Rubicon w/ Fiftyten Camper System - $89k

e61outside

IMG_1482.jpg

Asking $89k - Great care and expense has gone into building this is extremely capable and reliable 4x4 camper/overland touring rig. Simply throw your gear and provisions into the enormous cargo box and hit the wilderness immediately, or go full live-in camper mode by adding the available Goose-Gear interior. I've added several considerable upgrades since the original listing and NOT raised the price. See below for complete details...

This truck has lived life mostly on pavement and forest service roads as a 4x4 camper and overland touring vehicle. I personally love it, yet found we simply need a little more space for a family of 4 plus 2 dogs, bikes, motorcycle, etc and are looking at getting into a Sprinter conversion.

The engine/drivetrain is stock and the truck is riding at factory height. Much thought went into selecting the upgrades to enable excellent on-road handling and off-road reliability. This truck drives BETTER than a stock rubicon even with the camper on it!

Factoring in the expense of all the add-ons this an exceptional value at this price:
  • Donor Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - almost every option incl. leather, heavy duty tow package, dynamic cruise control, blind spot monitor (disabled), LED lighting, premium Alpine audio and display, and much more...
  • Camper: Fiftyten Mid-sized Camper System - Tray (flatbed) and removable camper
  • On-board Air: ARB twin under passenger seat with air filler connection at bumper
  • Lighting: Pair of Baja Designs LP 9 Pros, pair of Baja Designs Squadron Pro Amber Fogs
  • Bumper: ARB Bondi Front Bumper and front skid
  • Winch: Warn EVO 10s with Factor 55 Flatlink
  • Suspension: Falcon adjustable steering stabilizer and 2.1 Shocks, Teraflex heavy duty track bar, adjustable front lower control arms, rear air spring conversion (will include factory springs if preferred), Hellwig rear sway bar
  • Wheels/Tires: AEV Savegre II and General Grabber M/T 35 inch tires - including spare
  • Electronics/Control Systems: ARB Linx - including pressure regulator and airbag isolation modules, Tazer JL Mini, 67 Designs rail mount with phone holder
  • Other: Fabtech front fenders, Artec inner fender liners
  • Comfort: Hothead Headliners with Sound Assassin strips, Warn grab handles, Blue Ridge Overland glovebox bag
This shot includes the new fogs...
IMG_2252.jpg

...and the ARB linx controller here:
IMG_2169.jpg

... additional pics found here (note, some pics show the truck prior to recent upgrades):

Last edited:
Does the stock hitch sit fairly flush with the back of the tray (hard to tell in the one photo showing hitch)? Would you be able to tow a trailer in the present configuration or are some alterations needed?
Secondly, do you think it would be fairly straight forward to fabricate and secure (perhaps using the existing attachment points as shell) a headache rack into the tray when the shell was off?
Thanks!

e61outside

Does the stock hitch sit fairly flush with the back of the tray (hard to tell in the one photo showing hitch)? Would you be able to tow a trailer in the present configuration or are some alterations needed?
Secondly, do you think it would be fairly straight forward to fabricate and secure (perhaps using the existing attachment points as shell) a headache rack into the tray when the shell was off?
Thanks!

It’s the factory hitch and fully functional. Pic below shows it from the side with my bike rack installed.

4f7e006c8ef9619fb92dff67e7b3fe30.jpg

The tray has logistics rail all the way around. It would be easy to mount something there. I know Fiftyten is working on a headboard and sides similar to the pcor tray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e61outside

How difficult is it too remove the tray and just use the flatbed?

Checkout Fiftyten.de for more info on removing. It’s very easy. Four clamps.

Fyi, tray/flatbed are synonymous. The box/camper is the part that comes off.

e61outside

Decided to pull the listing because I can’t stop upgrading it ;-) I might still be willing to trade for Sprinter 4x4, but otherwise going to use it for this spring/summer while I build out water, power, and other onboard systems.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Decided to pull the listing because I can’t stop upgrading it ;-) I might still be willing to trade for Sprinter 4x4, but otherwise going to use it for this spring/summer while I build out water, power, and other onboard systems.

How are you going to fit the family/dog in it? (says the guy with 2 people/2 big dogs)

e61outside

How are you going to fit the family/dog in it? (says the guy with 2 people/2 big dogs)

Leave the wife at home ;-)

We can also add our full size Range Rover l405 for family camp weekends. My wife doesn’t enjoy the longer multi day stuff anyway. I sleep in a ground tent when all 4 of us camp.

I’m still likely to sell it at some point but didn’t want to leave it posted while I do some major changes for rev 2 of the build.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Leave the wife at home ;-)

We can also add our full size Range Rover l405 for family camp weekends. My wife doesn’t enjoy the longer multi day stuff anyway. I sleep in a ground tent when all 4 of us camp.

I’m still likely to sell it at some point but didn’t want to leave it posted while I do some major changes for rev 2 of the build.

Hehe!

L405 is a grand coach to tag along, nice choice! (modified L320 here)

Hopefully you keep updating the rev2 upgrades here on this thread.

e61outside

Seems you're a BMW fan too.

ARB and Baja's looking nice!

Nice catch on the BMW reference. E61 is the name of my LLC I formed in 2012 for a coffee business and is based on the E61 group head. But I chose it because I have also been building very fast BMWs for many years. I also used it for a marine control system I designed call the E61 Surf Controller for GoSurfAssist. So that’s the backstory ;-)

sancap

It’s the factory hitch and fully functional. Pic below shows it from the side with my bike rack installed.

4f7e006c8ef9619fb92dff67e7b3fe30.jpg

The tray has logistics rail all the way around. It would be easy to mount something there. I know Fiftyten is working on a headboard and sides similar to the pcor tray.

What bike rack is that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles