FS or WTT for 4x4 Sprinter: Ultimate 4x4 Camper, Jeep Gladiator Rubicon w/ Fiftyten

unovaquero

Does the stock hitch sit fairly flush with the back of the tray (hard to tell in the one photo showing hitch)? Would you be able to tow a trailer in the present configuration or are some alterations needed?
Secondly, do you think it would be fairly straight forward to fabricate and secure (perhaps using the existing attachment points as shell) a headache rack into the tray when the shell was off?
Thanks!

e61overland

Does the stock hitch sit fairly flush with the back of the tray (hard to tell in the one photo showing hitch)? Would you be able to tow a trailer in the present configuration or are some alterations needed?
Secondly, do you think it would be fairly straight forward to fabricate and secure (perhaps using the existing attachment points as shell) a headache rack into the tray when the shell was off?
Thanks!
It’s the factory hitch and fully functional. Pic below shows it from the side with my bike rack installed.

The tray has logistics rail all the way around. It would be easy to mount something there. I know Fiftyten is working on a headboard and sides similar to the pcor tray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e61overland

How difficult is it too remove the tray and just use the flatbed?
Checkout Fiftyten.de for more info on removing. It’s very easy. Four clamps.

Fyi, tray/flatbed are synonymous. The box/camper is the part that comes off.

e61overland

Decided to pull the listing because I can’t stop upgrading it ;-) I might still be willing to trade for Sprinter 4x4, but otherwise going to use it for this spring/summer while I build out water, power, and other onboard systems.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Decided to pull the listing because I can’t stop upgrading it ;-) I might still be willing to trade for Sprinter 4x4, but otherwise going to use it for this spring/summer while I build out water, power, and other onboard systems.

How are you going to fit the family/dog in it? (says the guy with 2 people/2 big dogs)

e61overland

How are you going to fit the family/dog in it? (says the guy with 2 people/2 big dogs)
Leave the wife at home ;-)

We can also add our full size Range Rover l405 for family camp weekends. My wife doesn’t enjoy the longer multi day stuff anyway. I sleep in a ground tent when all 4 of us camp.

I’m still likely to sell it at some point but didn’t want to leave it posted while I do some major changes for rev 2 of the build.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Leave the wife at home ;-)

We can also add our full size Range Rover l405 for family camp weekends. My wife doesn’t enjoy the longer multi day stuff anyway. I sleep in a ground tent when all 4 of us camp.

I’m still likely to sell it at some point but didn’t want to leave it posted while I do some major changes for rev 2 of the build.

Hehe!

L405 is a grand coach to tag along, nice choice! (modified L320 here)

Hopefully you keep updating the rev2 upgrades here on this thread.

e61overland

Seems you're a BMW fan too.

ARB and Baja's looking nice!
Nice catch on the BMW reference. E61 is the name of my LLC I formed in 2012 for a coffee business and is based on the E61 group head. But I chose it because I have also been building very fast BMWs for many years. I also used it for a marine control system I designed call the E61 Surf Controller for GoSurfAssist. So that’s the backstory ;-)

sancap

It’s the factory hitch and fully functional. Pic below shows it from the side with my bike rack installed.

The tray has logistics rail all the way around. It would be easy to mount something there. I know Fiftyten is working on a headboard and sides similar to the pcor tray.

What bike rack is that?