SOLD: Maine - OZTENT RV-5 Overland Tent w/ALL the Extras, Exc Condition, $1300; Free delivery within 150 miles

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
**SOLD**

OZTent RV-5 Overland/Touring Tent
w/ALL the Extras. Excellent Condition: $1300.
Free delivery within 150 miles of Portland, Maine; further by arrangement.

Time to sell my OZTent RV-5 setup. I've only used it camping three times, haven't taken it along on recent long adventures, and have no plans to take it along next big adventure. I love this tent, and actually want to keep it for potential future needs, though need to shed excess gear. I'm cleaning out storage, so this and a bunch of other stuff is going up for sale.

0-oztent_6185crp-900.jpg

OZTent RV-5 with added Peaked Side Panel Set (creates front room), Deluxe Front Panel (no-see-um mesh with door), Rain Fly, and Mesh Floor Saver

It is an amazingly well-constructed, roomy, and very comfortable tent. Designed and made in Australia for rugged outback conditions, and is super quick to put up and take down. Very cozy, feels very secure during big wind and rain, is flexible in arrangement options, and is made of waterproof 8oz Ripstop Polycotton Canvas.

Links, current prices, and features for pieces in this set:

RV-5 899.99 - Waterproof 8oz Ripstop Polycotton Canvas; attached awning; heat-sealed PVC "bathtub" floor (goes up sides); HD YKK zippers; no-see-um mesh windows and doors; 102" x 102" footprint.
Peaked Side Panel Set 279.99 - extends the main tent and creates a front room; attaches w built-in HD YKK zippers; very easy and simple to add.
Deluxe Front Panel 169.99 - closes in the front room with a wall of no-see-um mesh with incorporated zipped door.
OzTent Fly 119.00 - goes over the main room to shelter from both heat and rain. Has a reflective top. Makes a huge difference.
OzTent Mesh Floor Saver 89.99 - 181" x 102", allows water, sand and dirt to pass through but protects the tent's PVC floor and provides floor for front screen room.
Oztent Awning Connector 79.99 - this connects two OzTents together and incorporate a gutter/downspout tube to divert rainwater away. Not shown in these images.
2 OzTent Gecko Stretchers 179.98 - rugged, comfortable, and padded cots that come in their own rugged travel bag
Oztent Sidekick Table/Stool 29.99 - folding stool that doubles as footrest with hard flap that flips over to make small table
2 New Awning Poles 20.98 - for the Deluxe Front Panel awning (Oztent doesn't include them with the front panel).
6 New Guy Ropes with Clips 29.99 - I've used guy ropes from the tent extensively with my other gear, so am replacing with new to go with the sale.
Total New 1899.89

I'm selling this for $1300.00
and will deliver free within 150 miles of Portland, Maine - further by arrangement when I travel later this year.

DIMENSIONS RV-5 Main Tent (w/out front room):
Packed Size: 80"L x 15"W x 11"H
Set Up Size: 102"W x 102"D x 75"H
Awning Size (for main tent, that zips down over doors when wanted; front room has its own awning): 79"L x 102"W
Weight: 54lb / 24kg

0-oztent_6129-900.jpg

RV-5 main tent, with front room added, mesh floor saver in place. Vents over door with covers rolled up.

Both cots and brown rug between them are included, and though the table shown is not included, an Oztent Sidekick (not shown here) is.

This tent is a dream to sleep and hang out in.
They planned out the air flow and ventilation really well.
The fly extends far enough back that even in a driving rain you can leave the big mesh window open as above.

0-oztent_6139-900.jpeg

- View from the main tent out through the front room, mesh floor saver in place, with awning reaching out past that.
- The awning zips down to the front mesh piece, and the side doors have covers that zip over, to close things up nice and snug for weather.
- I'm including extra poles for the front awning as they are not included when you buy the Front Deluxe Panel.

0-oztent_6372-900.jpg

RV-5, peaked side set (one side door with cover zipped, one not; no front mesh or extended awning in this image), rain fly over main room and mesh floor saver under all.

Gives you an idea of size of the "front room," which is 79" x 102" - enough room for a couple more cots, or table and chairs, cook table, etc.
Also shows mud flap bottom of peaked side walls, to guide water away, not under.

0-oztent_6384-900.jpeg

RV-5 (102"x102" main tent floorprint) on mesh floor saver (102" x 181"); no front room side or front walls.

0-oztent_6386-900.jpeg

Side view, no rain fly, showing back wall window size and window cover rolled up.
This view shows the bathtub bottom better and how it comes up the sides a ways. Makes a big difference in keeping the inside dry.

0-oztent_6375-900.jpeg

Outside back of main room with window cover rolled up and rain fly in place.

Keeping air in between fly and tent allows the tent to stay cool in warm weather.
Along with the excellent cross-ventilation, it can be really pleasant in there on a hot day.
This also shows the convenient pockets for the storm lines, used for tethering in extreme weather.

0-oztent_6896-900.jpeg

Camping like royalty.

30 Second Setup vid:

This is also for sale locally, on other adventure forums, and on my site (more images).

DM with any questions or for any other info, images, or details.

Road

Last edited:

woodsk

Do each of the tent option have their own case, or do some fit in with the tent?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Roaddude

Do each of the tent option have their own case, or do some fit in with the tent?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
When you get the various options (side walls, front panels, mesh floor saver, etc) they each come in their own zippered bag, though if you roll and pack the main tent well, you can fit some of the other pieces in. Not all, though. Each having their own bag is nice, so if you only want to set up the main tent without the front room, for example, you don't have loose pieces about.

Roaddude

This is cruel that you're not within 150 miles of Portland, Oregon.
I'll be out there again sooner or later, but it may be a year or more and I hope it's sold by then! A lot of interest from folks all over the US, though no one close.

Still waiting on Oztent to get back to me about the order for new poles I placed a couple weeks ago, too.

It's a terrific setup, though too much to haul on the tonneau cover of my trailer and have to keep moving out of the way if not using it regularly.

newengland_7756-900.jpg

bigherm22

I'll be out there again sooner or later, but it may be a year or more and I hope it's sold by then! A lot of interest from folks all over the US, though no one close.

Still waiting on Oztent to get back to me about the order for new poles I placed a couple weeks ago, too.

It's a terrific setup, though too much to haul on the tonneau cover of my trailer and have to keep moving out of the way if not using it regularly.

View attachment 652248
Well, who knows how things work out. I'm definitely keeping my out for a used one somewhere near Seattle and not in a hurry. Good luck!

Roaddude

Well, who knows how things work out. I'm definitely keeping my out for a used one somewhere near Seattle and not in a hurry. Good luck!
If no one jumps on this locally (being in Maine has a lot of great advantages, though being centrally located sure isn't one of them), I'll be hauling it with me later in the year to southern Ohio and beyond, to deliver in person to whoever makes the deal.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
If no one jumps on this locally (being in Maine has a lot of great advantages, though being centrally located sure isn't one of them), I'll be hauling it with me later in the year to southern Ohio and beyond, to deliver in person to whoever makes the deal.

Lived there for 7 yrs. Unfortunately Maine is like the dead end street of the country. One way in or out. Beautiful state, though you better like winter.

Roaddude

Lived there for 7 yrs. Unfortunately Maine is like the dead end street of the country. One way in or out. Beautiful state, though you better like winter.
Dead end street...

Well that's a negative and limited point of view.

I've had a base here for 45 of almost 70 years and have found it to be a very opening door to exploring the Maritimes and beyond; not a dead end, one way place at all.

Sorry we couldn't make a deal; You were at the top of my list of those interested when I come out that way, but will gladly take you off.

And, I love winter.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Dead end street...

Well that's a negative and limited point of view.

I've had a base here for 45 of almost 70 years and have found it to be a very opening door to exploring the Maritimes and beyond; not a dead end, one way place at all.

Sorry we couldn't make a deal; You were at the top of my list of those interested when I come out that way, but will gladly take you off.

And, I love winter.

Maybe I gave the wrong impression. I by no means didn’t like my time there, I certainly did, but there are certainly economic realities to doing so. Almost everything is more expensive because of its location. The trucking industry doesn’t like limited access, which Maine is due to that one way comment I made. Of course that isn’t literal because you “can” go on to Canada, but there isn’t much along the way. Real estate is silly because of all the wealthy “Flat Landahs” that buy it up for summer retreats. And its hard to argue Maines seasons, Fall, Winter, and 3 weeks of Rough Sleddin.... ?

Anyway, it wasn’t my intention to belittle the state or your choice to make base there, we enjoy visiting. The Lobster Fest is still a Must See destination. Best clam chowder on the planet IMO.

Roaddude

Maybe I gave the wrong impression. I by no means didn’t like my time there, I certainly did, but there are certainly economic realities to doing so. Almost everything is more expensive because of its location. The trucking industry doesn’t like limited access, which Maine is due to that one way comment I made. Of course that isn’t literal because you “can” go on to Canada, but there isn’t much along the way. Real estate is silly because of all the wealthy “Flat Landahs” that buy it up for summer retreats. And its hard to argue Maines seasons, Fall, Winter, and 3 weeks of Rough Sleddin.... ?

Anyway, it wasn’t my intention to belittle the state or your choice to make base there, we enjoy visiting. The Lobster Fest is still a Must See destination. Best clam chowder on the planet IMO.
Yep, not for everyone.

If the deal with a fellow down in Mass falls through, and I still have the Oztent kit if/when coming through Ohio, I'll let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles