FS: Jeep TJ Rack (Olympic Mountaineer) $50

articulate

Expedition Leader
Jeep TJ Mountaineer Rack (fits 1997 through 2006)
Price: $50 (they're $200 new)
Will ship at buyers expense

One cool rack! We used this baby for years and loved it; a real baby who's now a toddler replaced this one, that's why I can't use it any longer :).

The rack makes a nice interior shelf above the backseat area which allows you to get to gear you have stored on on the floor in the rear of the Jeep. Brilliant piece of gear, and I'm surprised more people don't use these in their Jeeps. It holds a hell of a load; we used to load it up with 10 gallons of water and camping gear and it never failed or bent. The eye bolts make it super easy to secure your kit, too.

rack_1.jpg

My rack isn't bent or broken in any fashion, however several of the bars are showing surface rust (see the pictures below). Comes with all the hardware - FYI, it simply clamps around the roll bars, no drilling, no cutting, no BS to install the rack.

rack_5.jpg

I'm pretty certain that the bolts are a little too long. That's why there is a pretty hefty stack of washers.
rack_4.jpg

rack_3.jpg

rack_2.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Mark, if you were closer we'd take that. But then again, i have no idea where Dixie would ride. Good luck with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94