FS/FT 94 Toyota SAS BUILT daily driver/Expo rig

sixstringsteve

Explorer
I searched long and hard for a clean 3rd gen x-cab 22re. They're getting impossible to find in my neck of the woods, let alone a clean one. I bought this x-cab from Idaho and had it shipped to me in Utah. Idaho doesn't use salt on their roads, so it's 100% rust-free. Just about everything in the drivetrain (except for the motor) has been replaced. I've only got 4000 miles on it since the build (tires, gears, t-cases, etc). Most of the parts on this rig have a lifetime warranty. I built this rig right and didn't cut any corners.

I built this to be a great daily driver that could tackle the rubicon and moab's toughest trails without me having to worry about it breaking. There has never been an obstacle it hasn't climbed yet. I wheel this truck on hard trails, but I don't wheel it hard. With the dual ultimates, this thing idles up everything and is 100% street legal.

Vehicle
- 1994 pickup - extended cab (seats and seatbelts for 4)
- clean title
- zero leaks
- zero accidents
- 190k miles, 18-20 mpg, 75 MPH on the freeway (I can hit 80, but I don't usually drive it that fast)
- 5-speed W56
- 22re in fantastic shape, passes emissions here in UT. still has all the smog equipment.
- new clutch
- clean title, no rust, no accidents
- power steering
- EFI
- Cruise Control
- tint on rear windows

Front Axle
- TG rock assault front housing (IFS width) with FROR Tundra brake conversion/ifs hub conversion so it's taco width now
- new tundra rotors
- complete front axle rebuild last week - new seals, HD wipers (that replace the felts), TG improved inner axle seal (the new one)
- thick knuckle rock rings
- TG trunion bearing eliminator kit (15 miles on it)
- Dirty 30 cro-mo 30 spline inner axles
- TG six-shooter knuckles w/ARP studs
- Longfield IFS hub gears - 30 spline
- ARP hub studs
- BRAND NEW front High pinion e-locker third purchased from Toyota. Professionally set up with Nitro 5.29s.

Rear Axle
- TRD tacoma rear axle
- Nitro 5.29s professionally installed with new bearings (didn't need it, but I figured I might as well while I was in there).
- rear elocker (from tacoma)

Suspension:
SAS
- RUF springs mixed with TG 3" front springs
- bilstein front shocks
- rear 58" chevies
- new monroe extended travel rear shocks (ride better than bilsteins)

Tires/wheels
- new 17" FJ cruiser steelies
- 35x12.50x17 km2's - less than 3k miles on them, with lifetime warranty from discount tire. Rear tires are worn a little funny from when my front alignment was off. Should even out in 1000 miles or so. Still drives great.

Drivetrain
- 22RE stock w/190k miles. Zero issues, runs like a top. Cleanest 22re I've seen.
- stock w56 in great shape. Feels tight, no issues
- new autozone clutch, pilot bearing. Lifetime warranty.
- dual ultimate cases - 2.28 in front case, 23 spline marlin 4.7's in the rear case, TG dual adapter = 220:1 crawl ratio.
- TG long-spline front DS
- rear DS double thick, custom made, w/Toyota CV
- TG dual-case skidplate
- twin stick

Other:
- polk audio front speakers
- kenwood usb/aux/cd deck
- camper shell w/sleeping/storage platform in the back
- TG sliders
- 4-runner front seat conversion (got rid of the bench seat)
- factory bed liner

the bad:
- very minor rock rash on the rear pass bed corner (hell's gate, friend driving)
- lockers have not been wired to their switch yet (but the wiring is all there, just need to connect the switches)
- clear coat is fading on the hood

When I bought it:
005.jpg

as it sits today (rear sag is when FULLY loaded with camping gear):
IMG_1401.JPG

Halfway through the build process:
IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

Moab:
IMG_1101.JPG

Before the Rock Assault housing:
IMG_1134.JPG

Sleeping Platform:
IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

price drop to: $12,500 cash or partial/trade for a low mileage (under 120k miles) stock tacoma (x-cab or double-cab)

If you don't like my price, keep it to yourself.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of details. Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:

upcountry

Explorer
Nice setup. I love those hard body, real frame, 89-94's. The 22RE was the real deal motor. If my life (READ: WIFE) allowed me to have more than one Toy(ota) this would be on my radar!

Makes me miss the oggod ol days with my 86' single cab (destroyed in accident on east side of Eisenhower tunnel in ice patch), and my 91' (same truck as you have for sale which I sold to move to Central America for 3 years). Now I have an 07 tacoma that is a great truck but the build quality is just not the same as the older vintage years..

Good luck with sale.

Rozzi

Adventurer
I love the 3rd gen trucks. You get what you pay for and this is one nice rig. A bit out of my range...

These are getting so hard to find. People will pay a premium to get a clean one and yours has lots of goodies.

GLWS.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Price drop to $11,500 without camper shell and sleeping platform.

I've almost got that much into the front axle and the vehicle alone.

Westy

Adventurer
That is a clean rig. That drivetrain combo is great, especially nice with the extra cab.

Did the front or rear axles have the pinions rotated/cut-turn when built?

sixstringsteve

Explorer
That is a clean rig. That drivetrain combo is great, especially nice with the extra cab.

Thanks.

Did the front or rear axles have the pinions rotated/cut-turn when built?

Unfortunately, trail gear does not offer the knuckle balls in different rotations. However, I kept the lift down, and the pickups don't usually need a cut and turn like Land Cruisers usually do. I believe it is possible to cut and turn the knuckle balls on a Rock Assault housing, but I'm running a 4* shim up front and that puts the caster angle right at 5*, which is great. With how much money I've already spent on this rig, I decided not to have the knuckles cut and turned, as I didn't see a need. The rear pinion angle is perfect because of how I mounted the rear upper shackle hanger.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94