FS: Front Runner Slimline Wind Cheetah Roof Rack - 80 Series - 2.2m

DMOZ

Up for sale is a Front Runner Wind Cheetah Slimline roof rack (2.2 meters long) that I had on my 80 series for about 6 months. The full length rack was purchased brand new from Sierra Expeditions and I never even had a chance to attach accessories or carry any loads with it. It is one of the lightest roof racks on the market at 56lbs complete - both the rack and the six feet are constructed of aluminum - and is also one of the lowest profile gutter mounted racks. It has no marks, bends, cracks, scratches, etc. and is in fantastic condition.

I recently learned that one of the nine slats (the second most rear one) was not welded perfectly perpendicular to the frame. You can't tell by just looking at it but it's misaligned by about 0.65-0.75".

The first picture looks really exaggerated, the second and third picture show the true variation (less than 4.5" gap on one side vs. a 3.75" gap on the other side) which is really not noticeable much less when it's on your roof. FYI, these were all welded by Front Runner in South Africa and was a fluke mistake that doesn't impact functionality or strength.

These racks sell for ~$1250 new + shipping from Sierra Expeditions.

I was originally asking $975 for it but think $800 is more reasonable given the random slat misalignment, a great price for local pick up in the Bay Area, CA.

rack 1.JPGrack2.JPGrack3.JPG

Last edited:

BigBwana

Hi,

I'm wondering if this will fit on a Range Rover Classic. Do you have the general dimensions and distance between the feet available? Do the feet adjust for height at all? There's a bend in the gutter of the RRC.

Thanks!

DMOZ

Hi,

I'm wondering if this will fit on a Range Rover Classic. Do you have the general dimensions and distance between the feet available? Do the feet adjust for height at all? There's a bend in the gutter of the RRC.

Thanks!

Good question, I don't know. The feet are adjustable width wise, so that won't be an issue. You can also move the feet from one load bar to another, so that shouldn't be an issue either. The 80 series kit comes with 6 feet total, 4 short ones and 2 tall ones. The taller feet go in the front of the vehicle so that the rack lies flat/level. That's potentially the biggest issue with fitment to your car, depending on when the roof/gutter lines look like. Hope that helps.

Ramjet

Explorer
You can change out the feet. This rack can fit a variety of vehicles as long as you have the right mounting parts. That's what makes the front runner so nice.

DMOZ

You can change out the feet. This rack can fit a variety of vehicles as long as you have the right mounting parts. That's what makes the front runner so nice.

Ramjet's right, the feet connect to the bars in a fairly generic manner. If the the feet don't fir the Rover, swap them out. It's a very adaptive system.

BigBwana

Howdy folks,

Thanks for the info on the swappable feet. Front Runner doesn't list a specific application for the Range Rover Classics but it seems like I should be able to work something out if I have the exact gutter line dimensions.

DMOZ-I'll be sending you a PM shortly.

kbahus

Adventurer
If the price is reasonable I may be interested in the rain gutter mounts if they don't work with your Range Rover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz