FS: Camping Lab Large Tent + Aluminum Lid for CDN M101 or M416

quantum73

Adventurer
Having bought a new trailer tent setup last fall, I no longer need my RTT/Lid for my CDN M101. Details as follows:

RTT - Camping Lab
Size: 72" x 96"
Weight: ~100 lbs.
3" Foam Mattress

This is the "last" version that was manufactured and has the heavy duty cover. It is approximately 4 years old has been used, but also taken care of VERY well with zero damage or issues. The tent, rain fly, and cover materials are all in perfect shape with no age or sun related damage. Additionally I have used some very good seam sealer to treat all the seams as a preventative measure, although I have never had any leaking issues. I also have installed 3 LED light strips on the roof supports. Typically, I would simply plug them in to a dimmer switch which in turn connected to a small 12v battery. As far as sleeping comfort goes, I think the mattress in this tent is the best one I have ever slept on, bar none. This tent easily fits 2 adults with gear with room for a kid and dog if you want cozy. :) I had it mounted on my trailer, where it fit perfectly, but it is also simple to mount as a RTT on top of a rack or load bar system.

Regarding Camping Lab going Out of Business, no worries, the tent is identical to the Mombasa RTT ADVENTURE II (3 MAN) (RTT9010) so parts/accessories can still easily be gotten.

For Reference - http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/16194-Camping-Lab-Roof-Top-Tent-Review

2011-03-19_08-11-06_607.jpg

IMG00170-20091103-0900.jpg

2011-10-01_16-38-55_339.jpg

IMG00103-20091013-1650.jpg

CDN M10 / M416 Aluminum Lid

I hate to get rid of this as my buddy built it for me, but I just don't have a need for it anymore. The lid is a single sheet of 3/8" aluminum (I forget the alloy but it worked perfectly) and has been braced such that there is zero flex. The welding is immaculate. It has been powder coated black and was attached to the trailer with barrel hinges. The companion halves (3) simply need to be welded on to the trailer and the lid slides right on. This style hinge allows for quick removal of the lid. Alternate hinges could easily be used. The lid is locked in place by 2 lockable latches that just bolt to the trailer. It is currently drilled to allow direct attachment of the RTT mounting rails but it would be easy to block the holes and use an alternate system like a Thule or Yakima.

1029091723.jpg

1026091625.jpg

IMG00148-20091031-1022.jpg

So, the costs...

I would like to get $600 for the tent, $500 for the lid, or $1000 for both. I would definitely prefer selling this as a package and I will entertain offers. Barring any legitimate offers, I will just hold on to it. The tent and lid are located near Annapolis, MD and would be willing to work with a serious buyer for something other than a local pickup. I will monitor this thread for questions and send any interested parties my contact info if requested.

TIA!

quantum73

Adventurer
If anyone with a 416 is interested, please confirm the dimensions are compatible as I am not 100% sure now it will work with a 416. Sorry for any confusion on my part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles