FS: BajaRack Mule (used)

articulate

Expedition Leader
Here you go, a used BajaRack Mule (48" long, 39" wide).
Price: $175

I've had it since January 2009, and we used it on top of our truck for holding Storm Cases.

I never used the supplied brackets, so that hardware is flawless and perfect still (although for one of the pictures I attached the rack to show how the bracket affixes to a crossbar, hope it helps). Comes with the bungee net and the original instructions. Has typical scratches from use, but it's not bent or screwball in any way.

Happy to pack and ship it at the buyer's expense, or deliver to the Overland Expo to the buyer.

Attachments

• baja_rack_002.jpg
    baja_rack_002.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 206
  • baja_rack_003.jpg
    baja_rack_003.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 143
  • baja_rack_004.jpg
    baja_rack_004.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 165
  • baja_rack_005.jpg
    baja_rack_005.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 143
  • baja_rack_001.jpg
    baja_rack_001.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 190

psraff

Hey... Have you had any takers on your Baja Rack yet? I would love to take that off your hands if you still have it. I'm in Alaska so shipping is always an issue. If it isn't to much trouble, could you give me shipping cost to 99611?

Thanks!
Shannon Rafferty
'99 4Runner, Kenai Alaska.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Okay, I've checked shipping rates. Due to the large size but low weight, the rack isn't going to be inexpensive to ship.

1. USPS says it's too big to ship through them
2. I work for a company that ships UPS daily and we get pretty good rates

The downside is that this rack is large and almost exceeds their limits (with packaging it'll be 52"x44"x9", but only 40 lbs). Therefore, the billable weight is 118 lbs.

More info: www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/dim_weight.html

I've sent a PM to Shannon in Kenai, AK (the first person to respond). It's over $300 to get it up there - while that might be nuts, I still need to hear back a yay/nay.

Sending to 52501 is $120.41.

I'm more than happy to ship, but it's important everybody knows the issue with shipping something this large and light.

Let's see what Shannon says....

psraff

Wow, thanks for the work to explain the shipping. Though I knew it would be a bit to get it up here, I wasn't expecting that (forgot it was a one piece rack). Three hundred is too much for me right now. The only cheaper way to do it would be to ship to Seattle and then ship it up here by boat. I would expect $120 to Seattle and another $75-100 on Lynden. But you have others lined up wanting it so I'm not going to waste your time dealing with multiple shippers.

Go ahead and sell it to the next in line. Hope they enjoy it as much as I would have!

Shannon

articulate

Expedition Leader
Okay, so, rack is still available. And please note, I'm happy to deliver it to the Overland Expo next month to the buyer.

Cheers,
Mark

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
yay! awesome, Mark. Congrats on the sale.

I was looking for a megamule, but was considering yours as a backup.

Can you post or PM some impressions of yours? Our small cherokee necessitates a full length rack, and the megamule will fit the top of our cherk. pretty perfectly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94