FS: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon AEV/Dynatrac Build - SOLD - RVA

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
SOLD
55,000 miles
Check out more of its adventures: @brucetherubicon

The ultimate "do-it-all" build.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 55k miles, set up with top quality overlanding parts from AEV, Dynatrac, Warn, etc.

Spare me your laughing emojis and comparisons to lifted Jeeps with stock drivetrains. Look up how much a complete Dynatrac prorock44U and matching regear costs.

AEV 4.5 SC Suspension
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Unlimited 4.88 gears, ARB locker
37x12.5r17 BFG AT KO2 Tires
Hydro assist steering
Currie and Yeti 1-ton steering linkage
ARB OBA system
Genesis Dual Battery system
Spod and Blue sea aux power
Front, rear and rock lights
AEV tire carrier
AEV gas caddy
AEV rear corner guards
Warn XD9000i w/ synthetic line
1310 driveshaft
Ten Factory Chromoly axle-shafts
Hot head liners
Bedtred interior replacement
Dynamatted
Rear view monitor
Wired for HAM radio
Name it, it probably has it.
Exterior aesthetics were intentionally left stock for weight and stealth purposes.
Perfect blank slate for your aesthetic choices.

A note on the hydro assist steering: A lot of people think hydro assist steering is just for rock crawling. I installed it for better highway driving and a stronger steering set up. Yes, it helps in the rocks. But it also acts as an intense steering stabilizer that holds your line on the highway, even when enduring 45mph crosswinds or pot holes. The hydraulic cylinder takes stress off of the draglink and steering box, so you don't have to worry about snapping your pitman arm in the rocks or sheering off the steering box. The extra fluid capacity helps the whole system run cooler preventing the power steering from boiling over.

Last edited:

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Bump! The big difference between this and a typical AEV/overland Jeep set up is the front end. I tried to address all the JK's inherent front end weaknesses with the beefiest Dana 44, locker, axle shafts, hydro-assist, ball joints, brakes and linkage. Instead of worrying about the 37s breaking something down the road, you can just enjoy the adventure.

extremer

I think it's a price thing...

Superduty

Adventurer
I think it's a price thing...

C'mon, this must be a joke reply. First you are comparing a 2 dr jeep to an unlimited. I am not going to bother going through all the details, but @KlausVanWinkle Jeep will run circles around the one you posted. Besides both having been manufactured by Jeep the similarities end there.

@KlausVanWinkle as to why it hasn't sold, I am going to guess many people are opting for a JL instead of JK these days. Your build is SOLID.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
You're probably right. I think it's both. People looking at JKs want a deal and don't seem to understand the cost/value difference between a Warn winch and a Smittybilt winch. New JLURs are coming in close to $60,000 but it's probably easier to get a loan for $60k than pay $42k in cash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles