FS: 2005 Tundra DC 4x4 icon/fox 35's Now in Virginia!

QuadsBC

Adventurer
2005 Toyota Tundra
2nd owner
4.7 v8
Truck is from Texas No Rust
New ball joints 3k miles
Clean title in hand
Avg 16mpg highway at 70

Tundra is sr5 model but has leather seats. The drivers seat was ripped and was recovered. Husky front floor mats and weather tech rear mats keep the mess out of the carpet. The truck also has the sought after limited slip diff (new fluid 2 months ago). New front rotors and pads 8 months ago, rear pads 50% but I have new shoes. Headlights and corner markers were replaced. The cap is leer, and doesn't leak. Side windows pop out and allows for ventilation when it rains. Truck has been fluid filmed to prevent rusting. I installed a group 31 125ah battery so it will run forever. Engine runs strong with no unusual noises. The valve covers like to leak on the 4.7 but these are dry. Transmission shifts smooth. Yes, the engine bay is dirty. It's not a show truck. I purposely built it to escape civilization.

I've used the truck as a family adventure rig, we have made trips across New England. When out with the family we sleep in the roof top tent but if I'm by my self I'll sleep in the back. I've never rock crawled the truck, just designed the truck to run dirt roads. I chose to run all terrain tires because I'm not into mud bogs and the truck is 90% on the street. I'm selling the truck to purchase a 4wd van (yeah Ford isn't as reliable as Toyota) 7.3 diesel to haul an enclosed car hauler trailer. I'm in the military and am tired of moving every few years with crappy rental trucks. I'll also use the trailer as dry storage instead of renting. I haven't purchased the trailer yet. The tundra can't haul a 10k trailer safely. I've talked with my wife and if no one buys the truck we will trade our Honda Pilot in on a van and she will drive the tundra (so don't feel bad if you don't buy it). The price is obo, it's hard to price for a world forum.

Suspension:
Icon coilovers 6k total, 2k after warranty rebuild (September)
Fox 2.0 rear shocks
Icon 3 pack add a leaf

Armor:
Bamf sliders with new legs, 3/16 steel 10 degree up angle
High clearance rear bumper with swing out.
Factory skids (clean)

Wheels
Scs 16x8 3.5bs stealth grey
5 315-75 ko2 tires rotated every 3k

Other:
Bussman fuse/relay box
Custom ditch lights
Scene lights
Cap white/red lights
Fans for ventilation
Custom sleep platform with drawers
Steel cap reinforcement for roof top tent
Snorkel
Clearanced firewall for 35's trimmed fenders
Custom fenderliners
Cb radio

The bad:
Little dents around
Good dinger on the tailgate
Scratches on the front bumper
Drivers fender has been replaced. It appears lbj failure before I bought it. However they did a good job replacing it. Toyota fender and hardware, didn't go cheap.

Asking 16k for the truck obo
I also have a cvt mount rainier rtt lightly used, domestic cf40 refrigerator as a package deal if interested

Link to build thread

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...dsBC-s-05-Double-Cab-Tundra-Family-Expo-Build

Last edited:

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
Nice radio antenna relocation ;) I like how you used the same rock to park on as you did with your Runner.

And here's a free bump to a fellow firefighter :wavey: (I can only presume as you parked in a fire station next to a fire truck..)

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Thank you! I'm going to have to take the truck off the market until early February. I have a month long school in Virginia and this is still my daily driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz