FS: 2005 Mercedes / Dodge Sprinter Van 118" Passenger / Bike Hauler

obiwanjak

Observer
*** Haven't spent much time on this forum, but just bought a Taco. I can't justify both vehicles, so the Sprinter has to go. I've been active on www.advrider.com for years with the same user name, and have had several transactions on that site with no issues. Thanks for looking***

FS 2005 Mercedes Benz / Dodge Sprinter van, 118" wheelbase, short roof, passenger version. The van has 33K miles on it and will be available in the San Diego area after Friday, 03 OCT (I am moving from Reno area). This is the smallest, lightest, most fuel efficient Sprinter made. The 118" passenger versions are extremely rare in the states, especially low mileage examples. The 2.7 liter will burn both high and low sulfur fuel, making it an ideal adventure vehicle. Sale price is $23,850.

380866020_JLQWX-S.jpg

380868510_Bcww8-S.jpg

380868903_QEdER-S.jpg

This van is built by MB, imported by Dodge, and I have converted it back to the original MB badging. The van has a 2.7 liter MB turbodiesel that gets fantastic fuel mileage. On a recent cross-country trip at altitudes from 4k to 8k, I got an actual 27 MPG at 65 MPH. At sea level, driving 60 MPH, I get from 29-31 MPG.

I pay $380 less a year for insurance on the Sprinter compared with a pickup. If you average 28 mpg and pay $3.85 for diesel in the Sprinter and average 18 mpg and pay $3.65 for regular unleaded, you will save nearly $1,200 A YEAR compared to a truck. I got those prices off the gas station across the street YMMV.

The van is excellent as a motorcycle moving / camping platform. The low deck height allows you to load bikes VERY easily. I typically only use a single ramp to load even heavy bikes. A bike as big as an R12GS fits in with LOTS of room to spare. A smaller dirt bike such as a KTM 690 will fit in diagonally while still retaining a row of seats.

380865635_RqMv8-S.jpg

380865613_RTQTW-S.jpg

380866312_ovZhM-S.jpg

Other specifics:
- 5 speed auto tranny (w/ manual shift similar to 'tiptronic')
- 26 gallon tank - 700 mile range
- Passenger version: 2 rows of removable seats (total 8, including front buckets), driver comfort seats, headliner, interior trim
- Oil monitoring system (ASSYST), average more than 12k miles between changes
- Transmission cooler
- Keyless entry
- Fog lamps
- Cruise control
- Wired for Ipod using factory radio
- 2" receiver retains stock spare tire position (these are hard to find)
- Tires have approx 8k miles on them (had snow tires mounted previously)
- Full service history
- Original sticker: $33,176
- Title in hand

- Door ding on right side
- Chip in windshield, bottom right, out of driver sightline
- Repair work done over driver's door from low overpass

Pics here:
http://lorenjacobi.smugmug.com/gallery/6072486_72Ep4#380866312_ovZhM-S-LB

Please PM me or email through this site. Until 03 OCT, the van will be in Fallon, NV and can be viewed there. Any questions, please ask!

Regards,

Loren

treebeard

Hey I am seriously interested. e-mail me or contact me at 843-478-8831
I have a wife, 3 boys, some dogs and love to do camping expeditions. I also run a 7 million gallon process plant so the diesel is ideal. Please let me know if it still for sale ----Thank you Ary Fun

NothingClever

Explorer
When the front row of seats is installed, are you able to "walk" from the front passenger seat to the rear cargo area?

obiwanjak

Observer
The front row of seats is about 8" shorter than the back row of seats, so you can shimmy by if you wanted to. Of course, with the side door open, that 8" of space gives you plenty of room to get to the back. Of note, if you want to install the longer seat in the front position, you can do that. I've played with many different seat configurations depending on my cargo / passenger situation. Thanks!

Regards,

Loren

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online