SOLD: 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Expedition Build

bwood

Selling our 100 series cruiser built for full-time overland travel; 217,700 miles. We bought it completely stock from the original owner in October of 2016 with 194k miles and built it out to travel in full-time, which we did for most of 2017. But, we’re back to normal life with full-time jobs and aren’t using it to its full potential any more, so we're considering downsizing. Paperwork for all services done to date (including the previous owner’s).

Build thread and pictures here: 100 Series Land Cruiser - Northbound and Down

Here’s what's been added to the stock rig: (all parts were bought new and installed in Jan. of 2017)
BajaRack utility flat rack
CVT Shasta Extended stargazer RTT w/ annex
OME shocks, torsion bars, and rear springs (2.5” heavy kit)
295/75r16 BFG AT/KO2’s (including full-size spare. Just under 20k miles on them)
Slee wheel spacers
Slee diff drop
Slee dual battery tray (modified to fit a larger x2 deep cycle agm battery)
T-max dual battery kit (with custom 2awg cable)
Blue sea SafetyHub 150 fuse block
600w Samlex pure sine inverter
ARB deluxe front bumper
ComeUp Dv-9s winch
ARB rear bumper with wheel and fuel carriers
KISS drawers (from cruzerDave over on ih8mud)
ARB 50qt fridge on HD slides
ARB diff breathers
10gal Propane tank + mount
Shovel mount
Hi-lift mount
Tent, hatch, and annex LED lighting wired to switches
3 additional Rear 12v accessory outlets
Tint
Alarm
Head unit

It’s on its 2nd timing belt (last changed at 182k miles)
Passenger side exhaust manifold was replaced right before we bought it
Rebooted cv’s (1/17)
Heater t’s replaced (2/17)
All 8 coil packs & plugs replaced (5/17)
New steering rack & tie rod ends* (5/18)
New power steering pump & lines* (5/18)
New rear brakes* (5/18)

*done with new OEM parts last week at a Toyota dealer, with 1yr warranty

We’ve put a lot of time and money into this rig, and it’s been perfect for what we’ve used it for. After the latest service, they said it’ll likely need a front brake job soon, and to keep an eye on the rear axle seals & parking brake shoe. Other than that it should be good to go. Also note that the 2nd row seats have been put back in since the build pictures were taken.

Asking $20k, located in Berkeley, CA

sQ55Mv0.jpg

Last edited:

amongmany

Great looking rig! And I'm totally getting sucked down the rabbit hole on your website.

Noticed you mentioned some issues with the LC in Baja. I may have simply missed it, but what did that turn out to be?

bwood

Great looking rig! And I'm totally getting sucked down the rabbit hole on your website.

Noticed you mentioned some issues with the LC in Baja. I may have simply missed it, but what did that turn out to be?

Thanks!
The issue ended up being coil packs. It was hard to diagnose because we could only get off-brand parts down there, and it kept throwing the same codes. We ended up taking it to Toyota in Los Cabos and they ordered OEM coil packs and plugs, which did the trick.

amongmany

Thanks!
The issue ended up being coil packs. It was hard to diagnose because we could only get off-brand parts down there, and it kept throwing the same codes. We ended up taking it to Toyota in Los Cabos and they ordered OEM coil packs and plugs, which did the trick.

Awesome, thanks for the update. Gonna peruse your blog and post more carefully, but may reach out via PM as well.

hankrearden

Man, I tempted...what a cool rig. I just started looking and want to hold out for < 150k miles, preferably gray (although black is growing on me). You may want to try listing it on ih8mud also?

bwood

Man, I tempted...what a cool rig. I just started looking and want to hold out for < 150k miles, preferably gray (although black is growing on me). You may want to try listing it on ih8mud also?
Thanks! Yeah, I have it listed on the ih8mud classifieds as well

iamhart

Awesome build on the LC. I'm currently in the market for an LC with a nice clean build that isn't overdone, but just enough to enjoy the long weekend getaways to a week long road trips. I'm located in Alameda which isn't too far from you if you still have it available to take a look at.

Thanks!

bwood

Awesome build on the LC. I'm currently in the market for an LC with a nice clean build that isn't overdone, but just enough to enjoy the long weekend getaways to a week long road trips. I'm located in Alameda which isn't too far from you if you still have it available to take a look at.

Thanks!
Thanks! yes, it's still available, just sent you a PM

bwood

Update: After going back and forth on selling it vs keeping it, we've ultimately decided to put it back up for sale.
A few things to note:
It's actually on its 3rd timing belt, not 2nd as mentioned in the original post (didn't count the stock one). Last changed at 182k.
I just had the front pads and rotors done, along with rear axle seals and parking brake shoe (only outstanding service left mentioned in the original post).
Other minor issues: outside of driver's seat is worn and has a tear in the leather, and there's a small dent on the passenger side front fender.

Asking price reduced to $19k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles