FS: 2000 Montero Sport XLS 4WD

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
I am in no real rush to sell but putting my Sport in the market. I have been really happy with my Sport but I would like something bigger. Currently has 170k and may have a little bit more at the time on sale but my drive to work is less than 6 miles a day. Gates timing belt and new OEM Water pump/pulleys/front seals,rear cam cover Orings, valve cover gaskets, spark plug Oring gaskets and tensioner were replaced last November. ALL Gates accessory belts replaced too in December with new radiator and Gates hoses with obviously new coolant.

New Duracell battery was installed in October last year along with new terminals. Ultima 90amp alternator is about a year old. New transmission filter replaced earlier this month with just a drain and fill with genuine Mitsubishi SPIII ATF. New gear lube replaced too earlier this month with Redline gear lube.

It drives extremely well, engine is smooth and quite and transmission shifts smooth. Currently have a custom Cold air intake installed but will come with the OEM factory air box. Everything works..power windows go up and down fast, A/C works, all interior lights work, Selling the Sport with all the stuff I have done to it too...here is the list:

ENGINE

-Stock 3.0L 6G72
-Custom Cold air intake (Spectr intake tube w/ filter)
-MAF intake adapter
-NGK ME9 "Blue" Spark plug wires
-NGK IZFR6K13 Iridium Spark plugs

WHEEL/TIRE/BRAKES

-265/70/16 Pathfinder Sport A/T (Discount Tire branded Khumo tire)
-VISION Wheels 372 Raptors 16x8 / 0 offset

INTERIOR/EXTERIOR

-Carbon Fiber overlay gauge cluster face
-3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber HVAC control face
-Color matched interior panels painted (dash face bezel, radio bezel, door handle cups)
-LED cluster bulbs
-LED interior lamp bulbs
-Pajero Sport/Shogun Sport/Nativa/Challenger OEM Rear spoiler
-WeatherTech In-channel Dark vent visors
-WeatherTech All weather floor mats
-Blacked out headlight housings
-Dechromed grille and headlight bezels
-3M Di Noc Carbon fiber wrapped rear hatch lens
-15% 3M tint done by DSM tinting in Orlando

ELECTRONICS
-Pioneer FH-X520UI double din headunit (Bluetooth, hands free phone, USB, etc)
-Rockford Fosgate 6.5 inch R165X3 speakers (Front and Rear doors)
-Xentec 6000K HID headlight kit
-Yellow LED 9006 foglight bulbs

OTHER
-Curt Class 3 tow hitch reciever
-Curt Roof basket
-OEM Towing Package

The bad:

-Typical valve stem seals leak which you will notice if you are at idle for more than 5 minutes. Ever since I switched the Valvoline synthetic oil it doesn't smoke no where near as much when i was using conventional oil.

-Some paint oxidizing on the fender flares

Its a 17 yr old truck so exterior isn't perfect but I give it 8-10. Hood and side mirrors are freshly painted about a year ago.

Asking $4000 but willing to negotiate on price Not interested in trades either.

MSwoods8.jpeg
MSwoods6.jpeg
MSwoods4.jpeg
MSwoods2.jpeg
MSwoods.jpeg
MSmotor.jpg
MSinterior2.jpg
MSinterior.jpg

Last edited:

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
No rubbing issues on tires.

I believe you get into rubbing issues on the Sports w/o a lift anything bigger that a 31" tire.

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
I had mine up for sale for about month 1/2 and majority of people that inquired about it were tire kickers and low ballers. I can maybe say a handful really knew what a Montero Sport was. My price was high..above the NADA value, but considering the mechanical condition of it and how mint the interior is and how good the exterior was and all the additional stuff I done to it I felt that someone would pay more than its value.

I probably had 3 serious offers..but the couple that came to buy it had the $$$$ right then and there to buy it.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I had mine up for sale for about month 1/2 and majority of people that inquired about it were tire kickers and low ballers. I can maybe say a handful really knew what a Montero Sport was. My price was high..above the NADA value, but considering the mechanical condition of it and how mint the interior is and how good the exterior was and all the additional stuff I done to it I felt that someone would pay more than its value.

I probably had 3 serious offers..but the couple that came to buy it had the $$$$ right then and there to buy it.

I am also asking above but it's extremely clean and fully maintained with the timing belt about 1,200 miles ago. It also only has 141,000 miles. I have two serious buyers but not sure I want to sell....choices!

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
I won't lie..it was hard to sell mine. I owned it for 4 years and in those 4 years I made some memories with it like family trips and sort. It was just a fun, reliable truck to own...I didn't have any issues with it. Like you...it started to feel a bit small. I have 2 kids and going on trips make it feel cramped inside especially with my wife owning a Gen3 Montero...the interior space was something I because envious of.

My son loved the truck...he actually teared up and a bit sad when he realized I was selling it. It was a hard decision but in the long run especially with future family trips, camping and looking to start a business soon...a bigger vehicle was going to be needed to suit my future needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94