Frontrunner swing away

zelatore

Explorer
magic dust and pixy wings :)

Actually if you look closely to the bottom of the tire you can see a bit of the mount. I'm afraid I haven't used that specific part so I don't have any pics to offer.

Abran

Observer
thanks, looks simple and well done. No rattles?

No, it’s sturdy. The latch has an everyday latch position. But for extra security there is a small internal latch that you engage with a screwdriver that locks the swing away for off roading.

I like the door handle striker latch mechanisms for swing outs. If I ever get around to modifying mine and finishing the dual swing out design, it will have strikers and door latches........no better way in my opinion!

Any chance you weighed it before you installed it?

ColoDisco

Explorer
My only issue is the bracket sticks out below the bumper. I have dragged more than once down rocks and would not want that to be the lowest POC as it may jam the mechanism.

My only issue is the bracket sticks out below the bumper. I have dragged more than once down rocks and would not want that to be the lowest POC as it may jam the mechanism.

I noticed it does stick out and change the departure angle. I've seen a few really nice Jeep set-ups with the striker mounts on top though so I'll keep that in mind.

I didn’t. Couldn’t have been more than 40 pounds.

Awesome, thanks for the follow-up. Also, I saw you registered for the Rally; I just completed my registry so I hope to meet you up there or on the convoy up. On the FR swing-out, I think the boxed cut-out design is one of the best designs for strength and reduces a lot of weight. With my KM2 hanging on the back, I feel all of that extra weight back there for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles