FrontRunner Rack Measurements

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
That does help. With the aid of a band saw, drill press, and a nutzert tool, I think it would be pretty easy to cut these to any custom length I need.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Since they are aluminum, you can cut those on a chopsaw. Preferably one with speed control. I think the nuts are simply tapped in through the hole drilled in the top of the slat. As I said before, they rattle a bit when there isn't a bolt in them, but I couldn't pull the nut out. Since they are taller than the channel they sit it they can't slide around.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I have an imperial caliper and took it out there. The sun was in my eyes...so the photos are kinda hard to see with any detail.

The width of the profile is just shy of 13/16. I'd bet that this turns out to be 20mm...but I don't have any metric measuring tools.

For the depth to the top of the slat, I come up with 15/16 on the money. Sorry, the pictures don't really show that but I checked carefully. The lower pic is the method of measurement.

My earlier pictures of the nut in a regular slat would lead me to believe that the nuts are installed in the same way for both regular slats and end slats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles