Frontier headlight lamp replacement--Terrible Design

JakeH

Adventurer
What kinda @$$h0le makes a headlight design like that?! You can't get a hand in there, much less do it without breaking some glass. And that ridiculous plastic ring is the terrible. What if you had to change a lamp on the road--You'd be SOL, that's what. Now I have to take this up to an actual shop so they can pull the battery & the airbox just to get to them. I love this truck but that is totally unacceptable.:ar15::safari-rig:

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Huh? I've done mine on my xterra a bunch of times on both sides without issue. Maybe there is a little less room in a Frontier but I dont think so?

JakeH

Adventurer
I couldn't get the old ones out to save my life, much less get the new ones in. I've changed plenty of lamps over the years in previous vehicles & about 100 concert stages all over the world, but this truck had me stumped. The shop up the street had no problem of course, in & out so fast they didn't even charge me anything! Guess I'm the ***** who can't even change a light bulb...

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Yeah, getting the headlight bulbs in and out is a major pain on the Frontiers. It's totally doable on the airbox side, at least I can do it without too much fuss. It sucks, but it's doable. I can change the headlight on the battery side, but it's a total PITA. I just pull the battery to make it easier on myself.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
You clearly haven't tried to change a headlight bulb on any late-model GM truck, have you? I imagine the instructions for the Nissan are similar. Remove the appropriate tire, remove the inner fender liner and access the headlamp from behind. Crazy, inconvenient stuff.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Has any one swapped housings to the Anzo HID set up, I keep putting it in my cart then taking it out because HID is better than changing the high output bulbs every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94