front wheel wobble, videos included, need halp

MJCake1

A pull is caused by either excessive castor or camber but never toe, so even if your tie rods were bad they would have nothing to do with your pull. What you’re showing in the videos is not play in the tie rods, that’s normal, they are a ball and socket designed to do that. If there’s actual looseness in the joint where the ball can move side to side or up and down in the socket then you have an issue. As far as the runout you’re showing with the tires spinning it’s difficult to say. It doesn’t appear to be a lot, like a shifted belt would have. Can you determine if the rims have the same runout or are they spinning true and it’s all in the tires?
Are you running balancing sand or beads in the front tires?
Oh and MJ above makes a very good point about the wedges, they’d affect your castor, picture that wobbly wheel on a shopping cart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I tried beads once and it made even worse?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Worn steering components could create a shimmy, which might be perceived as an out of balance wheel.
Worn steering linkages or excessive front axle caster are two things that could potentially be the problem.

Zuber

The OP didn't say what Toyo's were mounted. The MT's do have an inherent pull to the right. I believe it's due to the tread pattern.
Also, what width are the rims? This will determine how rounded the mounted tire becomes.
Tried higher/lower tire pressure?
I assume he's driving on the RH side of a crowned road. What if he's driving on the LH side?

Just thought I would post that my front wheel wobble was due to flat spots in my tires. Rebuilt most the front end only for it to be the tires hahah.

That's a bit sad, but at least you found the problem, so a good outcome in the end.
Well it was my own dumb fault. I was scared to put 37s on cause I was not sure how much power they would rob, so I bought some used tires…anyway long story short they had flat spots ya know ya live and ya learn. Front end needed a refresh anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier