Front Runner Wolf Packs

rnArmy

Adventurer
They arrived; they seem nice. I had no issues with the latches (first time I've ever held one of these boxes, much less tried the latches). We'll see how well they do when put into use.

Mr.Incredible

Is anyone able to measure the height of 2 of the wolf packs stacked? I've looked at the dimensions online, but it looks like I can't just double that dimension because of the way they stack. I'm tempted to get some but I need them to stack 2 high and fractions of an inch are coming in to play. TIA!

pluton

Adventurer
My 2 will arrive tomorrow. The 2, when stacked, will replace the single tall Zarges case. I'm tired of packing items on top of other items in the Zarges.

Reactions: WVI

Liam_FRO

Going on 8 years and my boxes are a good as the day I got them. Once I finish up my COVID-19 projects, I'll order 4 more. I still have not installed the metal latches I bought, the plastic ones have given me zero trouble.

8 Years? That is insane! I'm glad to see you are still using them after putting them to work for nearly a decade!

BuckRugged

Be careful putting them on your roof in the hot summer sun. Tie down straps will bend plastic lids so they don't stack right.

I bought a bunch of these thinking they would be a great solution but I wish I would have popped for something more robust. They're durable and stack well but man they dont seal tight. I wish there was a gasket for the lid. The wind picked up while camping on the beach and I ended up with a ton of fine sand in them without even taking the lids off. Had to pull everything apart and clean them out, kitchen box wasn't fun.

pluton

Adventurer
I've got 4 Wolf Packs, but carry them inside the vehicle. For outside storage in and amongst the elements, Pelican-style cases are better. I wouldn't put delicate or dirt-sensitive gear like camera gear in Wolf Packs

I've got 4 Wolf Packs, but carry them inside the vehicle. For outside storage in and amongst the elements, Pelican-style cases are better. I wouldn't put delicate or dirt-sensitive gear like camera gear in Wolf Packs
Yeah, lesson learned. I keep my camera and drone in Pelican cases. I thought the wolf packs would be good for things that were ok to get wet. Forgot about fine sand and dust.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I bought a wolf pack at a show to try out. I didn't like two things. First was they're not very space efficient. The extra thickness all the way around to stiffen them take up valuable real estate. The second thing was they are heavy for the size they are. In a situation where every inch and pound count it didn't pass muster for me. I replaced mine with a mystery container I got at a yard sale that's just as tough, weighs in at six pounds (same as the wolf pack) and has twice as much room. I was using the wolf pack for food that didn't need a cooler and the other container worked much better, being taller and wider. I can load it full of canned food and it will handle the load. The container is in this pic sitting on my cooler. It has a lid that is hinged on both sides and splits in the middle. I'd take a dedicated pic of it but it's in the shed out back and it's dark and scary out there! It doesn't scream uber overland though so I probably need to load it up with advertising stickers!
65068400438__7A1FE181-D173-407A-B495-35F7E5139A45.JPG

WVI

Adventurer
Shays4me,
those are the type of containers used in retail for shipping, moving and storage. They are versitile and stout, but not to good at keeping water out.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
They are versitile and stout, but not to good at keeping water out.
Great point! I store it in the Jeep when traveling, sleeping and not at camp to keep the critters out of the food. It would be useless on a roof rack, and thats where the front runner wolf pack/ South African ammo cans make sense.

THE PASSENGER

dumped the actionpackers for these, and haven't looked back - much more space efficient. cannot say enough good things about the wolfpacks...except the plastic latches (which have not broken in 4 years of use) can be heard a mile away when closing.

tip: with the extended lid, a box of paper shop towels fits perfectly in the kitchen box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles